Homemade waffles. It is a kind of crunchy cake on the outside, which is cooked between hot plates. Its characteristic grid shape comes precisely from the traditional plates, originally cast iron, with which it is prepared. In Belgium there are several types of waffles , the so-called Belgian waffles generically and the Liege waffles , typical of that city. If what we want to know is which is the real one, the answer is everyone, each waffle is the authentic one in its area of origin. The best known and marketed both within and outside its borders is the Liege waffle . The one that we can find in the street stalls or in any establishment. That’s himwaffle that today I bring you the recipe. Do not wait any longer to get a waffle and start preparing waffles for breakfast or snack, they are yummy.
[ hide ]
- 1 Ingredients
- 2 Preparation of homemade waffles
- 3 Final preparation and presentation of the waffles
- 4 Tips for some yummy waffles
- 5 Sources
- 250 gr. strength flour
- 90 ml. whole milk
- 25 gr. fresh yeast from bakery
- 2 medium eggs
- a pinch of salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla essence
- 125 gr. butter at room temperature
- 150 gr. pearl sugar
Preparation of homemade waffles
1.In a cup, heat the milk slightly and dissolve the fresh yeast in it. It is important not to heat the milk too much, as excess heat would kill the yeast.
2.In a large bowl add the flour and salt. Mix and make a hole in the central part where we add the yeast milk and eggs . With a fork we begin to integrate the ingredients until we have a more or less homogeneous mass.
3.We let the dough ferment, covered with transparent paper, for 30 or 40 minutes in a warm place. A perfect place could be the oven previously tempered and turned off.
4.After this time we add the butter in pieces and begin to knead until it has been integrated into the dough. Add the pearl sugar . We knead a few more minutes so that the sugar is distributed.
5.This time the pearl sugar I have used is quite large. So I have crushed it a little in a mortar to reduce the size of the stones. It is easy to find in several supermarkets, I buy it in Mercadona.
Final preparation and presentation of the waffles
1.We spread the waffle with butter and heat it. When it is hot, add a portion of the dough to each of the waffle holes and close.
2.Heat for about 6 or 7 minutes. The portion sizes will be more or less like two tablespoons.
3.It is not necessary to cover the entire surface since closing the waffle iron will spread the dough. You can see, in the photographic step by step, this step in more detail.
The ideal is to enjoy this freshly made sweet accompanied by a splash of hot chocolate , whipped cream , caramel or a scoop of ice cream .
Tips for some fluffy waffles
- One of the characteristics of this waffle is to have a fluffy and sweet dough. Crispy exterior, thanks to the presence in its dough of sugar balls that, when caramelized, will provide that point of crunchy caramel.
- For this reason it is essential to include pearl sugar among the ingredients. Those sugar balls that will make our waffles immediately remind us of those we used to eat when we were little.
- The waffle iron is also important. You have many on the market, like everything, the better it is, the better your waffles will come out.