Tree pomelo ( grapefruit ), also known as pomelero , grapefruit , pomelo and grapefruit pink . It is a hybrid, probably produced spontaneously between pampelmusa ( Citrus maxima ) and sweet orange ( Citrus × sinensis ) in plantations in the Caribbean Sea around the 17th century .
[ hide ]
- 1 Taxonomy
- 1 Scientific name
- 1.1 Authors
- 2 Synonymy
- 3 Common name
- 1 Scientific name
- 2 Features
- 3 Did you know …
- 4 Related Links
- 5 References
- 6 Sources
- Citrus × paradisi Macfad. [one]
- Macfadyen, James
- Published in: Botanical Miscellany 1: 304. 1830. [two]
- Citrus × aurantium L.
- Citrus maxima (Burm.) Merr. 
- Grapefruit, grapefruit, grapefruit, grapefruit and pink grapefruit tree.
The grapefruit is a small but showy tree, about 10 m high. Its leaves, very similar to those of other citrus fruits , have winged petioles and few thorns. Its flowers are relatively large and fragrant, located in the axils of the leaves. The fruit of the exquisite grapefruit is large, rounded, yellow in color. The bark of it is smooth and glandulous; It is also very thick, which is why it is used in making canned sweets.
Did you know…
- Many studies suggest that high intakes of fruits and vegetables help reduce the risk of heart disease. Citrus fruits, especially grapefruit is an important source of flavonoids, folate and vitamin C, which is why it is considered essential in a healthy diet to avoid cardiovascular disease.
- The beneficial effect is due in part to phytochemical components such as flavonoids (an antioxidant substance), which are known to inhibit the oxidation of so-called “bad cholesterol” (LDL-c), thereby reducing the risk of it being deposited in the blood vessel walls.
- Vitamin C and beta-carotenes present in high amounts in the juice of this fruit act as powerful antioxidants.
- Furthermore, folic acid also lowers homocysteine levels, an intermediate in protein metabolism, known to be involved as a risk factor in cardiovascular disease.
Its high content of vitamin C and antioxidant properties give luminosity to your skin. It is a very beneficial astringent for oily skin, it closes the pores and fights acne. It is an extraordinary detoxifier for your skin, as it stimulates your blood circulation.
- It is recommended to cure diabetes, hypoglycemia and some eye diseases. Its vitamin content is also used to cure prostate inflammation, as well as to relieve the kidneys. It is recommended to consume it when you want to lose weight, on an empty stomach. It is also a laxative, regenerates the nervous system, cleanses the skin and invigorates the tissues of the lungs.