Google Play Policy. I can provide you with a general overview of Google Play’s policies. However, keep in mind that policies may have changed since then, so I recommend checking the official Google Play Developer Policy Center for the most up-to-date information.
Google Play Policy
- Content Policy: Apps on Google Play should not contain any offensive, harmful, or inappropriate content. This includes avoiding content that promotes hate speech, violence, or illegal activities.
- Intellectual Property: Developers must respect the intellectual property rights of others. Apps should not infringe upon copyrights, trademarks, or other legal rights.
- User Data and Permissions: Developers must request only the permissions necessary for the app’s functionality and should clearly explain why each permission is required.
- Malicious Behavior: Apps should not engage in malicious behavior, such as spreading malware, phishing, or deceptive activities.
- Ad Policy: Ads should be clearly distinguishable from app content, and they should not lead to accidental clicks. Ads should also adhere to Google’s ad policies.
- Monetization: Developers must follow the rules for monetization, including accurately representing the app’s price and features. In-app purchases and subscriptions should be transparent and clearly explained.
- Impersonation and Misrepresentation: Apps should not impersonate other entities, mislead users, or mimic system functionality.
- User Reviews and Ratings: Developers should not manipulate user reviews or ratings, and should not incentivize positive reviews.
- App Updates and Compatibility: Apps should maintain compatibility with the latest versions of Android and should not disrupt user experiences with excessive or unexpected updates.
It’s important to thoroughly review and understand all of Google Play’s policies before developing and publishing an app. Non-compliance with these policies can lead to the removal of your app from the store or even suspension of your developer account. Always refer to the official Google Play Developer Policy Center for the most accurate and up-to-date information.