GnuCash. It is a tool of open source for financial affairs , and personal accounting and small business, it is an excellent alternative to Quicken and Microsoft Money. It is a free, free and multiplatform application reserved for domestic accounting procedures, with a free license under GNU / GPL and is available for GNU / Linux , BSD , Solaris , Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows and other UNIX platforms .
[ hide ]
- 1 Description
- 2 What makes GNUCash attractive?
- 3 Other features
- 4 Installation
- 5 See also
- 6 Source
This tool designed for any user – beginner or professional – and aimed at controlling personal and small business finances, allows you to organize your salary, your savings account interests, your partner’s retirement plan or your own, your children’s expenses or purchases for the month.
What makes GNUCash attractive?
- It is a useful tool.
- It is easy to operate.
- Is free.
- It is free to use.
- It consumes little hardware resources.
- It has a portable version.
- Suitable for home and small business accounting.
- Multiple options to import.
- Good selection of reports.
- Daily tips.
- Adaptable to your needs.
- It provides a personalized, comfortable and familiar user interface.
- It has modules for graphics and capable of generating reports.
- Integrates currency control.
- Intuit ® Quicken ® QIF files can be imported, and are automatically merged to eliminate duplicate transactions.
- First free software application compatible with the Open Financial Exchange protocol.
- Check printing. It has a graphical interface to personalize checks.
- Control international dates and currency types.
- It has a powerful search engine to find information quickly.
- It allows you to schedule tasks.
- Help system for new users.
- It contains even more features.
GnuCash is available in the Ubuntu repositories . Install the gnucash package using the following line: apt -get install gnucash