We all live with her and we all, too, want to make her disappear. In Entremujeres we tell you what flaccidity is, how we can prevent it with simple tips and what treatments are effective.
What is sagging?
It is the loss of skin firmness due to the decrease or weakness of supportive tissues, collagen and elastin.
What are the frequent areas where it appears?
Its most frequent location is in the areas of the face (double chin and drop in the mandibular angle or eyelids), in the inner face of the thighs, the inner face of the arms, the abdomen and the buttocks
What are the determining causes of its appearance?
There are several causes: one of the most frequent is the passage of time. The proteins that keep the skin firm and attached to the muscles are losing effectiveness over the years.
In turn, there are causes associated with obesity, pregnancies (especially multiparity, excessive abdominal distention due to overweight or multiple pregnancy), sudden weight loss or repeated weight changes, a protein-poor diet, an excess of carbohydrates and flours, sedentary lifestyle and exaggerated sun exposure.
How can we prevent its appearance
To delay its convenient appearance take into account the lifestyle we lead and what are our consumption habits.
It is important to recognize early and act on certain habits that impact on the appearance of sagging. Excessive fat feeding, the presence of toxins and a sedentary lifestyle should be avoided.
Therefore, a good prevention is to drink two liters of water per day, make a diet rich in protein and rich in green fruits and vegetables. You also have to put aside the cigarette.
As it is a matter of firmness in our muscles, practicing physical activity is the best treatment to combat sagging early, in particular all those exercises that involve localized work. If you do not have time or do not like going to the gym, just walking 30 or 40 minutes per day at an accelerated pace serves to restore strength to the muscles. Riding a bicycle is an excellent exercise that helps to give firmness to the legs, in addition to shaping them. Also doing an abdominal routine at home, 3 sets of 20 repetitions, helps tone the belly.
If you encourage more intense activity, spinning or pilates classes in the gym are ideal for toning the silhouette faster. Also localized exercises, swimming and weight routines will help you.
Finally, it is advisable to take care of an overexposure to the sun, often producing an aggravation since the sun’s rays are deteriorating the collagen and elastin, promoting the appearance of sagging, wrinkles and spots on the skin.
What variety of treatments exist?
There is a wide variety of treatments, but we must point mainly to the causes that produce it and then to the aesthetic part. Therefore, it is always good to start at home and modify our habits.
But it is true that there are also other factors that should be treated with a proper diagnosis. Perform a good history of the person, that is, interrogate all aspects that may influence the persistence of sagging, such as hereditary factors, diet, physical activity, habits, smoking and previous treatments.
Undoubtedly, the success of the results will be given by the selection of combined treatments, the patient’s commitment to perform it in the hands of a modification of those habits that favor its appearance.
Among the aesthetic treatments, we can find:
– Toning creams . Although they do not produce miracles or eradicate definitively, their good use brings good results for the patient.
– Electrostimulation . It acts producing muscular contractions. Through the use of skin stimulation electrodes, the tone of the muscles that show sagging increases.
– Electroporation . Also by skin stimulation, the penetration of circulatory activation substances is achieved.
– Radio frequency. It produces a deep warming that affects the skin and subcutaneous fatty tissue, favoring lymphatic drainage and the decrease of fluids and toxins.
– Laser . The TriActive + Platform, with its combined and complementary action, uses lasers, ultrasound and radiofrequency to combat body imperfections. It is an effective, pleasant and non-invasive treatment that reduces the accumulation and excess of fats, shapes the body, fights cellulite and sagging, reduces edema, promotes tissue oxygenation, while softening and improving the overall appearance. of the skin. In addition, it has a localized cooling system that reduces edema and makes the treatment completely painless.
How many sessions are needed? Between 10 and 15 (according to each patient).
How often do the sessions take place? 2 or 3 times a week.
Duration of each session: 40 minutes.