It has a high antioxidant power, helps detoxify the liver, produce collagen, helps reduce allergies and prevents colds. Vitamin C has great power to facilitate the well-being of our body and improve our health. All these benefits are included in the guide “Vitamins and supplements that extend life” ( Objective Well-being Collection ). These are some of his recommendations:
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidantthat aids in the creation of collagenin the skin. As the human being ages, the skin loses this substance. This causes the skin to gradually become flaccid and wrinkle. Vitamin C activates the generation of collagen and elastin which helps to combat wrinkles and give more elasticity to the skin.
As an antioxidant it contributes to the health of hair and nails. Its topical use in cream reduces the healing time of a wound.
- Healthy benefits:Reduces cholesterol level; removes metals from the blood; minimizes the consequences of tobacco; activates defenses against colds and strengthens the immune system; helps combat stress and anxiety; It helps reduce the risk of cataracts and contributes to the metabolization of other vitamins.
3. Victamine C is very sensitive to light , oxygen and temperature. For this reason, when preparing an orange juice, it must be taken immediately after being squeezed since the orange is oxidized. Another trick is to cook the potatoes with their skin, which is where the highest content of vitamin C and the steamed vegetables are.
- Lack of vitamin Ccauses fatigue, joint pain, scurvy and contributes to macular degeneration in older people.
- Where to find it: Vitamin C contains citrus, strawberries, kiwi, guava, orange, black currants, melon, potatoes, tomato, bell pepper, parsley, persimmon, soybean Brussels sprouts, lemon, cauliflower, spinach, radish
- Recommended dosage:Scientists do not agree on this. While in Spain about 80 mg a day is recommended, in Europe it is 60 mg. There are sectors of the population (smokers, alcohol users and people who make great efforts) that need a higher daily dose.
A kiwi a day provides the daily amount of vitamin C. The guide recommends starting the day with a freshly squeezed natural orange juice. And when drinking water, squeeze a lemon in a water bottle.