Eritrex is an antibacterial medicine that has the active substance Erythromycin.This oral medicine is indicated for the treatment of diseases such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis and endocartitis. Eritrex’s action is to inhibit protein synthesis of the bacteria that are eventually weakened and eliminated from the body.
Amidaglite; conjunctivitis in the newborn; whooping cough; amoebic dysentery; bacterial endocarditis; pharyngitis; endocervical infection; infection in the rectum; urethral infection;pneumonia; primary syphilis.
Eritrex Side Effects
Abdominal cramps; diarrhea; pain in the abdomen; nausea; Vomit.
Contraindications of Eritrex
Pregnancy risk B ; lactating women; Hipersensibility to any of the formula’s components.
How to use Eritrex
- Bacterial Endocartitis:Administer 1 g Eritrex before the disease prevention procedure and 500 mg 6 hours later.
- Syphilis: Administer 20 g of Eritrex in divided doses for 10 consecutive days.
- Amoebic Dysentery: Administer 250 mg Eritrex 4 times daily for 10 to 14 days.
Children up to 35 kg
- Bacterial Endocartitis: Administer 20 mg Eritrex per kg body weight 1 hour before surgery and 10 mg per kg body weight 6 hours after the initial dose.
- Amoebic Dysentery : Administer 30 to 50 mg of Eritrex per kg bodyweight daily. The treatment should last from 10 to 14 days.
- Pertussis:Administer 40 to 50 mg of Eritrex per kg bodyweight, divided into 4 doses. The treatment should last 3 weeks.
- Conjunctivitis in newborn: Administer 50 mg Eritrex per kg bodyweight daily divided into 4 doses. The treatment should last 2 weeks.