Every time we surf the internet we are relentlessly and constantly monitored and tracked, that is, spied on. There is no use of the Nagivation incognito option (Chrome) or the anonymous Window (Firefox) or similar functions of other browsers. We will deepen these aspects and above all we will see how to navigate in a truly anonymous way and not traceable by anyone …
We will also say about the Deep Web of which many users do not even know the existence and the currency used in it: bitcoin.
How are we spied on?
For internet browsing we need an IP address that is assigned to us by the provider (who provides us with the internet service). The IP address is essential for browsing and is the correspondent of name, surname, address, postcode and city for a letter. So it is used to find a site or another user and at the same time makes us find others.
Our IP address can be static (always the same over time) or dynamic (assigned, from time to time by the provider). In any case, we will have a single IP that allows our identification at all times of navigation. Thanks to IP, the provider, the search engines, organizations of various kinds, governmental and otherwise, legal and otherwise (and whoever has more than one) are able to know what we do when we surf and therefore what our habits are . Even cookiesthey acquire our specific information and are created to help us navigate, but like everything else, trespassing on illicit or at least intrusiveness is not difficult. To get a complete and detailed picture of the ways and techniques with which we are monitored and spied on, the way to evade the controls and the existence of the Deep Web (deep, dark and submerged part of the Web), of the currency used in the deep-web and more, I invite you to view this very interesting service (very interesting from the first to the last minute) which lasts about an hour and which is not to be missed: The invisible spy – Special Oil of 27-12-2014
Now you know how documents, e-mails, and your every action is in full availability of others. If we then add spyware, keyloggers, Trojans and malware in general, then the omelette is complete. You think you are sailing in the shadow of your bedroom, away from prying eyes and you are sure that no one can see what you are doing, instead it is as if you were naked in a crowded square with people who can see even your most hidden intimacy.
Surf incognito with TOR
- How TORworks – As already mentioned, browsers (Chrome, Frefox, etc …) offer the option of anonymous or incognito browsing. But this option is limited to not saving any trace of the browsing only on the computer you use, while the activity on the net remains perfectly traceable and “unpleasant” at will from the websites visited, the provider, the employer, etc. .. Ultimately we have nothing anonymous as they are always and constantly identifiable thanks to our IP. Indeed, in Italy, the providers (those who provide us with the internet service) are obliged to keep our browsing data for at least a year and to make them available, upon request, to the judicial authority, if they request it.
- To obtain anonymous and safe internet browsing, the United States Navy developed the TOR = The Onion (= onion) Routers system. When we surf the net our message goes from us (Client) to the Server and vice versa and is in the clear, that is, it is not encrypted (encrypted). With the TOR network our signal passes through many nodes (router and TOR server) before arriving at the destination Server. Furthermore, our message is encrypted (encrypted) in several layers (i.e. in multiple levels of dynamic encryption, hence the name onion = onion) between a node (which acts as a router) and the next. The beauty is that a node decides randomly to which of the many subsequent nodes to send the message and with an encryption key used from time to time (always different). This leads to completely random and different paths each time. So the message that will arrive at the destination server will bear an IP address, which is not ours, but which can come from anywhere in the world. Therefore, the more TOR users are, the more impregnable our anonymity will be. Although there are no mathematically certain systems, for sure, TOR allows an anonymity with a very high security index and user identification is enormously difficult even with the use of powerful means. Only very few TOR users have been identified and after enormous efforts and perhaps due to some flaw in the browser and not in the system. Although there are no mathematically certain systems, for sure, TOR allows anonymity with a very high security index and user identification is enormously difficult even with the use of powerful means. Only very few TOR users have been identified and after enormous efforts and perhaps due to some flaw in the browser and not in the system. Although there are no mathematically certain systems, for sure, TOR allows anonymity with a very high security index and user identification is enormously difficult even with the use of powerful means. Only very few TOR users have been identified and after enormous efforts and perhaps due to some flaw in the browser and not in the system.
- TOR is completely legal and free, but like any tool, it is up to you to use it critically and legally. Giving a set of kitchen knives is legal and useful, however, the knives are used for the preparation of food and for feeding. If, however, the knives are used to kill people, then a crime is committed and no charge can be made to the person who gave the knives. Any fault lies with those who have used them illegally.
- Download and use TOR Browser – To use the TOR network, we need the TOR browser. The other “normal” browsers such as Internet Exlplorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc …, do not work for the TOR network. The TOR browser is nothing more than a special version of Firefox (normal Firefox does not work with TOR). This browser, free and free, is provided for Windows, Linux, MAC and Smartphone (Android). Choose the operating system you use (for Linux with a focus on the 32-bit and 64-bit version) the language (Italian) and download the file suitable for your operating system. After downloading the file, double-click on it and choose where unzip it. In fact TOR Browser does not need to be installed and after decompressing the file, you will get a folder which, in turn, contains a file called Start Tor Browser and another folder. Double click on the Start Tor Browser file and TOR Browser will start (personally tested on Windows and Ubuntu).
- If you are under Ubuntu and launching the Start Tor Browser file you will only get a text document, then you need to enable script execution.
- Even the executable file downloaded for Windows does not install anything, but only decompresses the contents of the file itself, to generate the browser folder, called Tor Browser.
- Special features of TOR – Due to the numerous nodes used as well as for encrypted communications, the browsing speed in the TOR network will be lower than that of the “normal” WEB. Different sites and forums inhibit access to those who surf with TOR due to certain users who, by shielding themselves from anonymity, have entered offenses in forums and blogs.
TOR can be used to make different types of services “anonymous”: internet browsing, e-mail, instant messaging, SSH connections, etc … TOR is a lawful and legal tool. What can be illegal is its bad and illicit use.TOR and its network were created with the aim of guaranteeing user privacy and of circumventing the censorships imposed on nations with totalitarian regimes. Obviously, there are those who do not take into account these “high values” and use TOR for shady completely illegal trafficking. It is advisable not to install plugins, add-ons, add-ons in TOR browser in order not to diminish their . Those few users identified despite using TOR, were due to Firefox’s criticality, mainly due to plugins and add-ons installed. For greater security, from time to time, check if a new version of TOR Browser has been released and then download it and use it instead of the previous version.
- Let’s check our anonymity – To better understand how browsing, with TOR, is completely anonymous, just launch the “normal” browser (Internet Exploer, Firefox, Chrome or the one you use normally) and open this page: Show IP
At the top left you will find (in red) your IP address (which is what identifies you on the network). Just below the geographical map that indicates the city with the “central internet” to which your line (internet) is connected. You can close the browser and reopen it, you can change the browser, but your IP address will always be the same, at least until you turn off the modem-router and then restart it. Only if you have a dynamic IP, the same will change, but the area of origin (internet center) will remain the same. Now open TOR broswer and insert the same link as before, that is: http://www.mostraip.ityou will find yourself an IP address that comes from another country (any one in the world). As said TOR Browser is nothing but Firefox modified and also has the same graphics and the same way of use. Click on the onion icon at the top left and choose New identity. Now try to reopen the previously linked site. You will end up with another IP, perhaps from another part of the world. Repeat the change of identity and you will always get a different IP, also by location. Therefore you will not be identifiable as a person or even as a geographical location.
Deep Web and Bitcoin
- Characteristic of the Deep Web – TOR Browser also represents the gateway to the deep web or submerged web. It is the dark side of the Internet, that is, an occult and parallel world, unreachable by “traditional” and “normal” search engines (Google, Yahoo !, AltaVista, etc. ..). The deep web exists thanks to the structuring of TOR which allows it to hide in order to avoid censuring, restrictive or criminal investigations and measures.
- If you intend to take a look at the deep web, it will always be good to keep the utmost caution. In fact, in the deep web you will find everything, including a lot of illegal material. The URLs (addresses) of the deep web pages end with the extension .onion, and are not reachable with normal browsers. In the deep web, due to the lack of controls, it is easy to come across viruses and malware, but since these are threats that have almost always been prepared for Windows users, it is highly recommended to surf the deep web with Linux operating systems.
- Surfing the Deep Web – TOR as well as making the user anonymous, is also able to make anonymous the sites that use servers in the TOR network. These are sites that are not reported by the “normal” search engines. Once launched TOR Browser, you can browse incognito in the “normal” WEB, but if you want to enter the deep web, then you need a particular search engine, called Torch, reachable at this address:
Needless to try to enter the URL in a “normal” browser as you would only get the message: Unable to contact the server. On the other hand, if you enter the URL in the TOR Browser address bar, you will have access to the Torch search engine which will open the doors of the deep web. Another way to enter the deep web is provided by the The Hidden Wiki website which offers URLs. divided into categories:
Similar to the previous one is the Onion Anonymity website, reachable at:
I never stop recommending the utmost prudence and legal behavior. Any responsibility for the misuse of what is reported in this article is your sole and exclusive responsibility.