Donato De Santis: Born in Milan , Italy on March 5 , 1964 ) is a chef specialized in the cuisine of his country. Since 2000 he lives in Buenos Aires , where he founded his own restaurant.
[ hide ]
- 1 Biography
- 2 Awards
- 1 MasterChef and MasterChef Junior
- 2 Chef Donato De Santis Awards
- 3 Fundación El Libro Award for the best academic vocation
- 3 Sources
Donato De Santis: He studied gastronomy at the “Carlo Porta” state school in Milan , and began to dedicate himself professionally to cooking in 1980 , under the supervision of chef Georges Cogny at the L’Antica Ostería del Teatro restaurant in Piacenza.
He worked in the main restaurants in the cities of Los Angeles , Hollywood , Chicago and Miami . And his creativity in the kitchen led him to meet rich and famous people. He was hired as a personal chef by designer Gianni Versace for his New York mansion . He started living in Buenos Aires , Argentina in 2000 ; He taught classes in various places, such as “Gato Dumas” which is a Cook College. For two years he managed the kitchen of the restaurant “Verace” until February 2005 .
He is the Chef Owner of CUCINA PARADISO, Dispensa Italiana e Ristorantino, with premises located in Belgrano and Palermo in the city of Buenos Aires, and SPAZIO DONATO, in the heart of Bajo Belgrano, a space dedicated to Italian haute cuisine in which It develops activities such as cooking workshops, events for companies, private events and that, from time to time, opens its doors as a private restaurant.
He edited four cookbooks: Cucina Paradiso, My Italian Cuisine, Fatto in Casa and Donato per Bambini. He hosted several shows on the elgourmet cable channel, including Cocineros en Juego, Cooking Emergency, Donato cucina, Donato Invites, All’uso nostro, La villa della pasta and Chefs Unplugged. In 2012 he drove Italianísima, issued by Utilísima. In 2004 he was the host of Los cocineros en casa, together with Martiniano Molina, and was in charge of the culinary segment of the Las Millie y Una general interest program.
He also participated in different culinary-themed reality shows on Telefe. Between 2014 and 2015 he was part of the Masterchef jury; and in 2016 that of Kitchen Owners together with Narda Lepes and Christophe Krywonis. Today Donato is one of the six advisers to the GVCI Italian Forum (Gruppo Virtuale Cuochi Italiani) that brings together more than 500 Italian chefs from around the world in order to protect and spread the true Italian cuisine, its products and raw materials.
- 2015 Tato Award for Best Entertainment Program.
MasterChef and MasterChef Junior
- 2014 Winner of the Italian Cuisine Worldwide Awards (ICWA) ~ Dubai .
- 2013 Martín Fierro Award for best cable culinary program ITALIANISIMO ~ FoxLife
- 2012 Winner of the Italian Cuisine Worldwide Awards (ICWA) ~ Moscow, Russia .
- 2011 Master Chef Award for Italian Cuisine. Delivered in Parma, Italy .
- 2010 Honorable Mention – Martín Fierro Award for DOLCE ITALIA culinary program ~ ElGourmet.com
- 2009 Martín Fierro Award for best cable culinary program VILLA DELLA PASTA ~ ElGourmet.com
- 2008 ATVC Award for best general interest program, Latin America category ITALIA MIA ~ ElGourmet.com
- 2006 Gourmand Interntional Award for the best cookbook for children and families in Latin America by DONATO PER BAMBINI. Bonum Publishing House. Delivered in Beijing, China .
Chef Donato De Santis Awards
- 2005 Gourmand international Prize for the best Italian cookbook in Latin America by FATTO IN CASA, Editorial Bonum. Delivered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia .
- 2004 Profile Award, from the Editorial Editorial for being the best culinary arts writer.
Fundación El Libro Award for the best academic vocation
- 2002 Martín Fierro Award for best cable cooking program DONATO CUCINA ~ ElGourmet.com
- 1984 First prize winner for Best Young Chef in Italy. Chaine des Rotisseurs
- 1984 Winner of second prize for Best Young Chef in the World. Luxembourg, Chaine des Rotisseurs