Plastic and aesthetic surgery are both aimed at reconstructing and correcting lesions, malformations of the face and body. However, there are differences between the two medical disciplines that we will try to deepen.
What is plastic surgery.
The term plastic surgery indicates a branch of surgery that has the purpose of correcting or rebuilding and restoring the functionality of morphologically altered organs or systems due to degenerative diseases, deforming pathologies, traumas, injuries, congenital malformations.The goal of plastic surgery is to restore a normal external appearance to the injured party.To intervene with excellent results, another important branch of plastic surgery is used, namely reconstructive surgery, aimed precisely at correcting the damage caused by accidents and diseases that alter the patient’s physical appearance.Its job is to restore the functionality of certain parts of the body as well. The reconstruction process involves the removal of flaps of skin from other parts of the body to rebuild the damaged parts.
What is cosmetic surgery.
Cosmetic surgery is a branch of plastic surgery that aims to modify and improve, from an aesthetic point of view, certain areas of the human body through targeted surgical interventions.
The cosmetic surgery operations therefore mainly serve to eliminate physical defects in a partial or total way, so as to allow the patient to acquire greater confidence and self-confidence.
The person feels comfortable and therefore the insecurities diminish and face life in a more serene way.
Plastic surgery performed more frequently
The range of action of plastic surgery does not only concern the face, but also extends to the rest of the body and affects the muscle, skin, skeletal and fat tissues.
The plastic surgery operations performed most frequently in recent years are as follows:
- Scar Correction – Making a scar completely disappear is currently impossible. This is why there is always talk of correcting a scar. The purpose of the treatment is to make it less visible and not to draw attention to it.
- Breast reconstruction – Breast cancer is a dramatic event for a woman..
Cosmetic surgery performed more frequently
- Breast augmentation / reduction – it is an intervention aimed at increasing (or reducing) the volume of the breasts through the implantation of the prosthesis.
- Blepharoplasty – with this surgery the drooping eyelids are raised and the bags under the eyes are eliminated.
- Rhinoplasty – aims to correct the aesthetic defects of the nose and often also helps improve breathing.
- Lifting – ideal for rejuvenating the face, thighs and arms.
- Liposculpture and liposuction: ideal intervention to reshape the body profile by removing unsightly fat deposits from specific areas, such as the hips, buttocks, thighs, knees, upper limbs, chin and neck.
- Abdominoplasty – The surgery aims to remove unnecessary fat to stretch the abdomen.
- Forehead lift – surgery aims to remove wrinkles and correct eyebrows
- Face lift – allows you to give the face a more youthful appearance by improving aesthetics without altering the physiognomy of the face.
- Dermabrasion – the surgery allows you to remove the most superficial layer of the skin and improve the scars and acne, and also eliminates the shallow wrinkles that form around the eyes and lips.
The differences between cosmetic and plastic surgery are different, but they have in common the fact that they must always be carried out by a professional. At ClinicAgostini you will be followed step by step to obtain an optimal result and make you always feel at ease.