Today, e-learning is the center of attention for its makers and users. For business people or innovative entrepreneurs, they will focus on developing e-learning or online learning as their latest business focus. As for the participants, e-learning is like an oasis in the desert that can make it easier for them to learn and hone skills whenever and wherever.
Although e-learning business sounds very tempting, but apparently there are some steps that we need to implement to develop online learning, colleagues. Quoted from entrepreneur website, there are some surefire steps that can be taken and followed up to develop e-learning or online learning. These suggested steps will not only develop the e-learning that we make, but this will also juggle the target audience or audience to become interested in our online learning.
Step One: Create Learning Content that is Easy to Remember and Understand.
One of the strong reasons why many people want to learn is that they want to remember and understand things very well. Logically, why do they pay for e-learning that is difficult to understand with heavy content that can actually be lighter?
Therefore, the main requirement that needs to be done to develop our online learning is to lighten the existing content, but not reduce the quality of the content. To facilitate this first step, we can apply the tips below.
– The first tip we can do is analyze the ability of participants, especially before e-learning begins.
For example, we make questions for the pre-test, so we can identify the abilities of the participants at the beginning. It is intended that the learning content that we deliver is equivalent to their abilities. Not too high and not too low, so participants will feel happy learning through our e-learning.
– The second tip is to make e-learning content relevant to their fields of industry, interests, talents and goals. Don’t be random in providing learning content to our e-learning participants. They choose our e-learning because they believe that the online learning that we make can help them succeed in their chosen industry. If a participant works in the field of human resources (HRD) at a company, but we provide e-learning content about cooking. Is that relevant? Of course not.
– Third tip, insert humor as a counterweight to our serious learning content. In this case it does not mean we dominate humor in the learning content, but we only need to insert it a little without reducing the core content in e-learning. By using these tips, e-learning participants will feel comfortable and increasingly interested in our e-learning content.
– The fourth tip, don’t forget to include a few stories or analogies as real examples in our e-learning material. Someone will be easier to remember and understand the learning content, if accompanied by examples of the content. Some of the stories and analogies given will also make participants more interested in our e-learning.
– Tip five, don’t forget to include the “human element” in our e-learning content. For example, insert photos or drawings, put some illustrations in it, and insert human voice recordings. Well, this sound recording is the element most often used in e-learning content. The goal is that participants really feel like they are being taught directly by a trainer in front of him.
– Sixth tip, we need to use selectively selected multimedia sources to accelerate the understanding of e-learning participants. Since each participant has different levels of understanding, we need to pay attention to this. Some e-learning participants will find it easy to understand if they watch the video, some are more familiar with reading texts, and others may find it easier if there are examples and group discussions. In order for our e-learning to grow, we need to use all of these elements in our online learning. The goal is that all participants can understand our e-learning contents easily.
– The seventh tip, we need to provide questions that can test participants’ understanding well. Theory without a test will only be a waste. For that, we need to make e-learning questions relevant and help hone the understanding of e-learning participants deeper.
– Last tip, we can send feedback sheets to e-learning participants. The goal is so that we can know what things we need to improve and maintain.
Step Two: Include E-learning Testimonials on the Website.
This second step is equally important, colleagues. The testimonials that are included on our e-learning website will make web visitors more interested in joining the online learning that we provide. The more testimonials given from well-known companies, the better the impression of our e-learning in the eyes of the participants. In other words, they will be more convinced to join our e-learning.
Some expert mentors suggest that we need to work with nonprofits. For example, inviting employees from non-profit organizations to participate in our e-learning. Give them the ideal discount to be interested in participating in this e-learning. Mentors who suggest this method say that working with non-profit organizations will make it easier for us to introduce e-learning to the wider community.
Usually nonprofit organizations will promote our e-learning for free to their other business partners. So, it doesn’t hurt to try right?
Step Three: Choose the Right Learning Management System (LMS).
Yep! The next step is to choose the LMS that suits what we want. This LMS is chosen selectively so that e-learning participants can participate in online learning well and our e-learning products can continue to develop in a sustainable manner.
Then, what is LMS? Maybe Career Advice colleagues have read our previous article entitled “What is LMS?” but we will present it briefly here. LMS stands for Learning Management System and this is a global term for a computer system that was developed specifically for managing online courses, distributing subject matter and enabling collaboration between participants and presenters.
Another definition of LMS is a software platform that provides, manages and tracks results and generates reports for online courses (e-learning) that can be done remotely. There are many LMS that we can choose for e-learning, some of which are:
– Skillsoft, and so on.
After reading this article, have your fellow readers got a clear picture of how to develop your e-learning or online learning ? We hope this article really helps all of your fellow readers.