Deflazacort is a corticosteroid drug that has anti-inflammatory and immunodepressive properties and can be used to treat various types of inflammatory diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis or lupus erythematosus, for example.Deflazacort can be purchased at conventional pharmacies under the trade names Calcort, Cortax, Deflaimmun, Deflanil, Deflazacorte or Flazal.
The price of Deflazacort is approximately 60 reais, however, the value may vary according to the dosage and trademark of the drug.
Deflazacort is indicated for the treatment of:
- Rheumatic diseases:rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, acute gouty arthritis, posttraumatic osteoarthritis, osteoarthritis synovitis, bursitis, tenosynovitis and epicondylitis.
- Connective tissue disorders:systemic lupus erythematosus, systemic dermatomyositis, acute rheumatic carditis, polymyalgia rheumatica, polyarthritis nodosa or Wegener’s granulomatosis.
- Skin disorders:pemphigus, bullous dermatitis herpetiformis, severe erythema multiforme, exfoliative dermatitis, mycosis fungoides, severe psoriasis or severe seborrheic dermatitis.
- Allergies:Seasonal allergic rhinitis, bronchial asthma, contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, serum sickness, or drug hypersensitivity reactions.
- Respiratory disorders:systemic sarcoidosis, Loeffler’s syndrome, sarcoidosis, allergic pneumonia, aspiration pneumonia or idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- Eye diseases:inflammation of the cornea, uveitis, choroiditis, ophthalmia, allergic conjunctivitis, keratitis, optic neuritis, iritis, iridocyclitis or herpes zoster.
- Blood disorders:idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, secondary thrombocytopenia, autoimmune hemolytic anemia, erythroblastopenia or congenital hypoplastic anemia.
- Endocrine disorders:primary or secondary adrenal insufficiency, congenital adrenal hyperplasia or non-suppurative thyroid.
- Gastrointestinal disorders:ulcerative colitis, regional enteritis or chronic hepatitis.
In addition, Deflazacort may also be used to treat leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, multiple sclerosis or nephrotic syndrome, for example.
The mode of use of Deflazacort varies depending on the disease being treated and should therefore be indicated by a doctor.
Deflazacort Side Effects
The main side effects of Deflazacort include excessive tiredness, acne, headaches, dizziness, euphoria, insomnia, restlessness, depression, seizures or weight gain and rounded face, for example.
Deflazacort is contraindicated for patients with hypersensitivity to Deflazacort or any of the other ingredients of the formula.