Cybersecurity – The programs to hide the ip address by browsing from pc and smartphone ensuring your privacy on the internet
While everyone spends hours on the internet, only a few seem to care about their safety when they are online. The IT security has become one of the most pressing problems in recent years. The “small” measures we take every day for safe browsing have a huge impact on the information we exchange online. Using strong passwords and hiding the IP address are just some of the web security measures that can be performed to ensure online privacy.
What is an IP address?
IP address (from English Internet Protocol address ) is a numerical label that uniquely identifies a device called host connected to a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol as a network protocol.
It is assigned to an interface (for example a network card) that identifies the network host, which can be a personal computer, a PDA, a smartphone, a router, or even an appliance. It must be considered, in fact, that a host can contain more than one interface: for example, a router has several interfaces (minimum two) for each of which an address is needed.
Each IP address is divided into 2 parts:
- The first identifies the network, called the networkor routing prefix (Net_ID) and is used for routing at the level of subnets.
- The second identifies, within the network, the host (or the interface in IPv6) and any subnets (Host_ID) and is used for local routing of the host once it has reached the destination local subnet, followed by the translation or resolution in MAC address for the effective delivery of the data packet to the recipient with the local network protocols.
How to know the IP address in use
To know your IP address, subnet mask and gateway in any Unix-like operating system (as in Linux systems or in macOS), simply open a shell and type the ifconfig command (or ipconfig, depending on the distribution in use).
In Microsoft Windows operating systems, however, with the ipconfig command, from the command prompt, you can have the desired information. This command is not always already installed; If it isn’t already, to install it you have to double click on the suptools.msi file in the \ Support \ Tools folder on the installation CD.
Those who surf using a router, using these commands, will view information about their private network. Information regarding the public IP (assigned to the router) is available in the configuration panel of the router itself or it is possible to view it via a specific website.
Why hide the IP address on your PC and smartphone?
Some technical reasons why you need to hide the public IP address:
- To hide the geographical position
- To prevent web tracking
- Avoid leaving a fingerprint on your browsing
- To Bypass blocked Sites on a specific IP address
How to hide the IP address on the PC
Here are some of the most common ways to hide IP and safeguard your online identity on your PC:
– Use of a VPN proxy : using a reliable VPN proxy service is the best way to hide your IP address during online activities.
Here is a list of the most popular and highly reliable VPN proxy services that will hide your IP address:
- Hotspot Shield
- USA IP
- Get US VPN
– Website based proxy servers : this is another popular way to quickly mask the IP address on the Internet. Since it is a web-based service, users do not necessarily need to install any component of a software program on their computer. Here are some of the most popular websites that offer free proxy services to obscure your IP address:
- Unlock My Web – http://www.unblockmyweb.com/
- Proxy Site – https://www.proxysite.com/
- Hide My Ass – https://www.hidemyass.com/
- England Proxy – https://www.englandproxy.co.uk/
- Unblocker – https://www.unblocker.us/
- Fast USA Proxy – http://fastusaproxy.com/
- New IP Now – http://newipnow.com/
- Anonymouse – http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html
- Hidden Digital Info – http://hiddendigital.info/
- K Proxy– http://www.kproxy.com/
- Don’t Filter – http://dontfilter.us/
- Working Proxy – https://www.workingproxy.net/
– Proxy Server Configured Browser : There are hundreds of freely available open proxies that can be found on the Internet. You can get the IP address of one of those freely available proxy servers and configure your browser to start hiding the original IP address. However, since they are free and publicly available, most of them are offline or overly slow.
How to hide IP address in Android
The most common way to hide the IP and safeguard your online identity on an Android device is to download and install any VPN application from the Google Play Store. Here are some of the best VPN applications that you can use:
- Hotspot Shield Free VPN Proxy
- TunnelBear VPN
- Hideman VPN
- Tigervpns Free VPN and Proxy
- Free & Premium VPN – FinchVPN
- Betternet Unlimited Free VPN
How to hide IP address on iPhone – iPad
- VPN Express
- SurfEasy VPN
- Hotspot Shield