Crescia is a kind of pizza that is cooked on the grill dried herbs in a pan.It is very simple to prepare and if you have a barbecue available its flavor will be even more special.The main ingredients of crescia are flour, milk, eggs, lard and pepper. The dough is rolled,crushed and cooked.
Marche Crescia: the recipe
Before preparing the crescia you must consider that the dough needs three hours of leavening . Organized in such a way as to have a free afternoon or to fit the various commitments in order to prepare it. The result, however, will repay you for the time spent.
So ready to prepare crescia for Easter? Remember to buy cold cuts too, because this savory pie is perfect with a nice slice of ham or salami.
- Pour the flour into a bowl, make a hole in the center and add the baking powder and a little water. Begin to mix with your hands by spreading the yeast.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the three whole eggs in the bowl with the flour and knead. After working the mixture for a few minutes, pour the warmed melted butter, grated pecorino, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Work the dough with your hands until you get a soft and homogeneous dough.
- Butter a panettone mold and place the dough inside, leaving it to rise for about 3 hours. To help the leavening, put the dough in the oven with the light on.
- When the crescia dough reaches the edge of the mold, you can switch to cooking. Bake in a preheated oven and cook for 50 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Sforna, let it cool and serve the crescia with a nice selection of meats.
The crescia recipe is very simple and is prepared in no time.
it differs in the dough which is enriched with eggs and pepper, making it very tasty and tasty. It is so delicious that it can also be enjoyed with any salad you prefer.Its perfect combination is with prosciutto and Casciotta d’Urbino.