CmsMadeSimple (CMSMS) is a free and open source (GPL) content management system (CMS) to offer developers, programmers and website owners a web-based development and administration area.
[ hide ]
- 1 Software Design
- 2 Features
- 3 Modules and Topics
- 1 Modules
- 2 Additional modules
- 3 Topics
- 4 Software requirements
- 5 History
- 6 Recognition
- 1 Awards
- 7 See also
- 8 Sources
CmsMadeSimple is an open source package, built with PHP with support for MySQL and PostgreSQL. The template system is powered by the Smarty template engine. CMS Made Simple aims to provide easy development and customization with themes, add-on modules, dynamic menus, tags and translations.
CmsMadeSimple has a web-based administration section for theme, template and style development, installation and updating of plug-ins, page content block settings, and user groups and permissions.
Modules and Topics
CmsMadeSimple itself is designed as a basic package that does not impose unnecessary modules and functionality on the user. Website owners are required to add modules and appropriate tags to the site. A small number of basic modules are included with the default installation, in particular a news manager, the search function, and the WYSIWYG editor (TinyMCE).
- Guest books
- Shape builders
- Directories of companies and users
Numerous additional modules are available in the module repository or Module manager
Create: The internal template and stylesheet system allows the creation of themes without color. Download: Downloadable themes are available from a theme repository.
- Since version 1.7 PHP 5.3 is supported, but E_DEPRECATED must be disabled. (Linux / Unix, Windows 2000 / XP / ME / 2003, OS X)
- Made Simple does not officially support PHP’s safe mode
- Minimum memory available for PHP
- PHP tokenizer enabled
- ImageMagick or GD enabled
- MySQL or PostgreSQL 4.1 + 7 +
- Access to your server to upload files and change some permissions
- October 2009 – three quarters of a million downloads reached • August 2010 – CMS Made Simple reaches 1 million downloads
- Most Promising Open Source CMS – 3rd Place
- 2008 Open Source CMS Most Promising – 2nd Place
- 2008 Best PHP Open Source CMS – 2nd place
- 2010 Best PHP Open Source CMS – 1st place