Cream of carrots and curry . It is an exquisite dish and a recipe not to forget, which can include potatoes. Quick, easy and light. This soup has the advantage that children like it. The carrot and curry make an amazing couple and the mixture of sweet and strong spices always give a very original result.
[ hide ]
- 1 Characteristics of cream soup
- 1 Quality parameters for cream soups:
- 2 Ingredients
- 3 Preparation mode:
- 1 Variations of this recipe:
- 4 Source
Characteristics of cream soup
Cream soups have three main elements: liquid, one or more ingredients that determine flavor, and thickener (link). Most creams thicken the mixture of flour with butter . The so-called roux (mixture of toasted flour and butter) or the beurre manie ( butter worked with flour ) is used, the rice starch is also used . The most classic proportion contains 40 grams of butter and 50 grams of flour , per one liter of broth. Examples of cream soups are cream cheese , celery , carrot and mushroom creams, among other.
Quality parameters for cream soups:
- The cream must be homogeneous, free of lumps and with the required density.
- Possess characteristic shine and color, depending on the main ingredient.
- Predominate the flavor of the basic ingredient, backed by secondary flavors.
- 400 grams of carrots (approximately 5 or 6 medium carrots)
- 2 medium potatoes
- 4 cups of vegetablebroth
- 1 tablespoon of currypowder
- To make the vegetable broth: In a pot place 6 cups of waterwith 2 large whole onions, 1 small piece of pumpkin , 1 celery stick (can be substituted for spinach or chard ), 1 leek and a few sprigs of fresh coriander . Boil for 30 minutes, strain and ready vegetable stock .
- In a frying pan with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, fry the carrots previously peeled and chopped in wheels for 5 minutes. Add the curry powder and stir a couple of minutes more, so that the curry”activates”.
- Then place 4 cups of vegetable broth, the potatopeeled and chopped in wheels or cubes, salt and pepper .
- Boil for about 30 minutes or until the carrotand potato are soft.
- Put everything in a blender and mix well until it is a uniform cream.
Variations of this recipe:
- You can make this same cream, and add a piece of chopped pumpkin, about 100 grams.
- Cream of carrotand leek soup : use a whole leek stalk , chop it on wheels and sauté it for a while in a pan with melted butter . Then simply pour the leek with the other ingredients in the mixer and mix.
- Carrotand orange cream : this version is particularly delicious, it only takes 2 very juicy oranges. Peel and cut them into segments, completely removing the white part and the seeds. Crush all the ingredients, including the oranges and voila.