The calcium nitrate. It is a white, oxidizing and very stable and strong crystal, soluble in water, it has been used since the Middle Ages, it was previously known as plumb dulcis and it was used as a raw material for the production of numerous pigments.
[ hide ]
- 1 Agronomic applications
- 1 Form of application
- 2 Calcium management
- 3 Application of nutritional correctors
- 2 External links
- 3 Sources
Due to its composition, a double salt of calcium nitrate and ammonium nitrate, it provides 14.5% of nitrogen in nitric form, a small percentage in ammonia form, and 27% of calcium oxide, totally soluble.
It is very suitable to prevent and correct calcium deficiencies in citrus, fruit trees, lettuce, melon, pepper, tomato and vegetables in general, as well as to reduce the dangers of sodification of non-limestone soils when irrigated with saline-sodium waters.
It is applied on the cover of all crops.
Form of application
It is recommended to prepare a stock solution, from which it is incorporated into the irrigation water. Up to 30 kg of product can be dissolved in 100 liters of water, depending on whether it is winter or summer. Calcium nitrate is incompatible in mixtures with sulfates, and may also present incompatibilities with phosphates.
The tetrahydrated calcium nitrate, is considered as a nitrogen and calcium fertilizer , has several uses as some are specified below:
- Used extensively in wastewater as a preconditioning for emission prevention
- Nitrogen fertilizers and raw material for the production of calcium ammonium nitrate and other nitrates.
- It can be used as a corrosion inhibitor in diesel fuels and a raw material in the synthesis of hydroxy apatite. Used in the manufacture of fireworks and lamp tube.
- The wastewater preconditioning bases in the establishment of an anoxic biology in the wastewater system. In the presence of nitrates in the sulfate metabolism stops. This results in the prevention of hydrogen sulfide formation.
- The mixture of calcium, sodium and potassium nitrate is used as a thermal storage salt in solar thermal plants. The addition of calcium reduces the melting point of the salts, it is much less corrosive to the circuits and it is a component that is easily available in large quantities in any market.
- Calcium nitrate used in concrete and mortar base applications in two effects. Calcium ions leads to an earlier formation of calcium hydroxide and therefore the precipitation starts up faster and the setting time is reduced, this effect is also used in cold weather concreting agents, as well as some combined plasticizers. The nitrate ion leads to the formation of iron hydroxide. These layers of protection reduce the corrosion of the concrete reinforcement.
- Recognition of soil nutrients through an expanded agrochemical analysis for its consideration. · Good soil preparation and incorporation of organic matter, taking into account its origin, composition and quality. · If soil analysis is not available and culillo appears in the first bunches of tomato or pepper fruits, suspend the calcium intake through fertigation and perform it by foliar application in two applications per week with doses of 2-3 g / L water calcium nitrate (CaNO 3). · Make 3 applications of Azotofós per fertigation (2 kg / ha) in plantation, 30 days after planting and at maximum flowering. · Apply calfruit from the 1st to the 6th bunch with doses of 2-4 ml / L of water. · From the 5th and 6th bunch, make foliar applications of calcium nitrate (2-3 g / L), twice a week and continue with the contributions foreseen by fertigation. · To achieve a better interior ventilation of the houses, for this the zenith window, the crescent and cleaning of the lateral meshes can be removed. · Carry out a correct agrotechnical management, such as desiccation, leaf removal and desfruit. · Maintain stable the water regime of the plants according to the development phase of the crops.
Application of nutritional correctors
- Transplantation is performed according to technology. · Application of Vigortem with a dose of 1 ml / plant in the refreshing irrigation and a second similar after 15 or 20 days. · In phase II, apply Cta Stymulant-4 by foliar application with a dose of 2 ml / L of water, repeating the fertilization with this product every 15 days for two more applications. · Application of Cta Humus through fertigation from phase II with doses of 5-10 ml / m2, with weekly applications. · Make 3 applications of Mudra Extra by foliar route, for setting, starting in phase II and continuing every 20 days with doses of 1-1.5 g / L. · For the filling of the fruit (only for tomato), Bulitem will be applied through irrigation from phase III, spaced every 10 days, achieving 3 applications in the cycle with doses of 0.3-0.4 ml / m2.