The advantage of using streaming platforms like HBO is that it can be viewed from almost any device, be it a smartphone, TV or PC. Without a doubt, one of the best ways to enjoy your favorite series is on a big screen in the comfort of your home. In this guide we will show you how to log into HBO from your PC or SmartTV .
The first thing to keep in mind is that you must have a subscription to HBO GO to enjoy all the content on the platform. Currently HBO only allows you to have two simultaneous connections and you can register up to a maximum of five devices to the account.
Watching HBO content on increasingly simple is Smart TV, because most of the new models have built-in applications to make life easier. Viewing the content from the PC can be just as simple, you only need to know your HBO user account details .
Sign in to HBO from PC
- Use your favorite browser to log into your HBO account. If you search for the word HBO in a search engine like Google, the first result is the official page of your country or region.
- Once you are on the main page, click on the Login button that is in the upper right part of the screen.
- On the page to access HBO enter your access data such as your email associated with the account and your password. Don’t forget that the password field is case-sensitive.
- When you finish press the Login button . For future occasions you can avoid this cumbersome process and summarize everything in a single click if you bookmark or favorite page the HBO page and save the access data in the browser.
Sign in to HBO from a Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TVs are HBO’s best allies because many of them already have the application pre-installed where you only have to enter your data and watch your favorite series. In case you don’t have the pre-installed application, you can download it from the applications section and install it .
- In the applications section select the videos option and look for the HBO application.
- When you find the application, select it and press the Install button to download and then install automatically. Depending on the speed of your internet connection this may take only a few seconds.
- Pin the application on the launch bar so that you have immediate access to it in future occasions.
- Open the application and enter your access data for your account to log in and you will have access to all HBO content.
The HBO application for Smart TV is very intuitive. The interface is made in such a way that the user can navigate using only the directional buttons on the TV remote control. There are applications that make it even simpler such as Smarthings that allow you to use your mobile phone as a remote control.
Watch HBO on TV with a Chromecast
- The only way you can see content on TV may be through a Chromecast . In this case, you must log into the HBO application from your mobile device.
- Make sure the Chromecast device is properly installed and configured to sync with the mobile device.
- Download and install the HBO application on your mobile or from Chrome browser on PC. IF it is iPhone you can find the application in the App Store and if it is Android you can download it from the Play Store.
- Log in to the mobile application with your HBO account login details. Another option is to access the official page from the Chrome browser, but this option is more viable to use from the PC.
- Now sync your mobile device with the Chromecast . Verify that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If all goes well, you can now enjoy all the HBO content on your TV.