A business plan is a document which includes, a description of your business, its objectives, and the methods by which you intend to achieve your business goals.It is extremely useful, when beginning a business, to prepare a written business plan so that you will have a road map to your ultimate business goals. Business plans are often necessary when applying for loans, attempting to obtain venture capital, or when working with an attorney in structuring your business organization.
A business plan need not be a professionally generated, com-plex document, but it should be as comprehensive and professional as possible. It is common for start-up businesses to work with pro-fessionals who have experience in preparing formal business plans, but this is not a necessity and many successful businesses began by having their principals create their own documents.
It is best to block out a period of time—such as a weekend—and to isolate yourself and your team from outside distractions while brainstorming the issues and writing the plan. The time in-vested in this process is worthwhile if well spent by focusing on the issues and the goals. It may be that the development team will identify the impossibility of some aspirations and even this is an important use of your time, since you will then be in a position to redirect your energies toward objectives which can be realized.
There are many books and articles about business plans and how to write them. There are consulting firms which can assist with the process. Consult your telephone directory. In addition, your attorney or accountant may be able to assist you or recommend other resources.
What makes a business plan good? Making a business plan is to develop a route that will serve as a guide to get to the specific goals or objectives . There are a series of characteristics of the business plan that can not be ignored if we want it to be useful and effective.
10 Characteristics Of The Business Plan
- The business plan must respond to the business objective you want to achieve after the initial idea. We can not write the business plan in a generic way, it has to adapt to the characteristics of the business plan itself.
- Write a business plan that is realistic , can be implemented. It is convenient to do a SWOT analysis that considers all aspects of our idea once it is launched.
- When planning the business plan you have to be specific. Include dates, deadlines, budgets , all types of data. It is necessary to present a business plan that is measurable.
- The business plan is the curriculum of a future company. It has to be attractive and visual to attract investments, what kind of business plan suits me best?
- The extension of the fair business plan. If it is too long, it will stop fulfilling its first objective: its reading. Keep in mind: why make a business plan ? .
- Set up an agile reading business plan. If it becomes extensive and tedious the results will not be good, even if it is the best business idea.
- Flexibility and permanent review. Life goes faster and faster, if there is no continuous review of the business plan , it can become obsolete and no longer applicable.
- The business plan should include communication, marketing and sales strategies . They are essential tools to achieve the goal.
It is also often thought that a business plan is something that only belongs to large companies; but the truth is that regardless of whether it is a large or small business, the development of a business plan is a stage that every entrepreneur must go through when starting it.