Bridion is a medicine used to accelerate muscle recovery in special cases where muscle relaxants have been used to perform surgery on some muscle. This medicinal product is in its composition Sugammadex, a compound that has properties that eliminate the effects of muscle relaxants used in anesthesia.
How To Use Bridion
Bridion is an injectable medicine for hospital use, which should only be used by an anesthesiologist who will recommended dose based on your weight.Bridion is used to eliminate the effects of muscle relaxants used in anesthesia. The product has this action because the substance sugammadex combines with rocuronium bromide or vecuronium bromide in your body.
Your anesthesiologist needs to be informed before giving this medicine if you:
- Has or has had kidney disease. This is important because Bridion is eliminated from your body through the kidneys.
- It has diseases that may be known to increase the risk of bleeding (disorders of blood clotting).
- You have or have had liver disease.
- Presents fluid retention ( edema ).
Tell your anesthesiologist if any of these cases apply to you.
- Cough ;
- Problems in the airways, which may include coughing or movement as if waking or taking a breath;
- Light anesthesia – in this case you can start to wake up before the desired time and may need more anesthetic. With this, you can move or cough at the end of surgery;
- Complications during the procedure such as change in heart rate, cough or movement;
- Decreased blood pressure due to surgery.
Side Effects Of Bridion;
Some of the side effects of Bridion may include mild anesthesia that causes premature waking and allergy reactions with symptoms of redness, swelling and itching of the skin, swelling of the tongue and throat, or shortness of breath.
Contraindications of sugammadex
Bridion is contraindicated for patients with an allergy to sugammadex or any of the ingredients in the formula. Also, talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, have kidney disease or problems, history of bleeding, or blood clotting disorders before using this medicine.