Why Should Someone Be Muslim? Can’t We Follow Any Religion We Want? What are the Benefits of Converting to Islam?
Becoming a Muslim is a simple process. You just need to say:
“I testify that there is no deity worthy of worship except God, and I testify that Muhammad is His messenger.”
By saying these simple words, with conviction, the individual enters the religion of Islam. This statement is known as the testimony of faith.
The Arabic word ” Islam ” means ” submission ”, and is derived from a word that means “peace”. Thus, the religion of Islam teaches that in order to achieve true peace of mind, it is necessary to submit to God. The word “Muslim” refers to a person who submits to God’s will.
Islam is not a new religion, because “submission to the will of God” (that is, Islam) has always been the only religion acceptable in the sight of God. For this reason, Islam is the true “natural religion”, and it is the same eternal message revealed throughout the ages to all the prophets and messengers of God.
The main message of all prophets has always been that there is only one true God and He alone is to be worshiped. These prophets include Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon, John the Baptist, and Jesus, may peace and blessings be with them all.
“And we did not send any messenger before you (O Muhammad), without revealing to him that there is no god but Me; then, worship Me. ” [Holy Quran 21:25]
Benefits of converting to Islam
- Achieving Inner Peace
In a world of excessive materialism, human beings are dissatisfied and spiritually empty. Submitting your will to God leads to something that everyone is looking for: inner peace and tranquility. Human beings are composed of two components, one is the physical body and the other is the soul. The physical body feeds on food, but the soul needs a connection with God for its satisfaction. Worshiping God brings joy to the soul.
“Those who believe and whose hearts are tranquilized with the remembrance of Allah.” – Now, it is with the remembrance of Allah that hearts are tranquilized. ” [Holy Quran 13:28]
- Having A Direct Relationship With God
By accepting Islam, a person forms a personal and direct relationship with God. This close friendship with God will lead to face the challenges and trials of this life and the next. The knowledge that God is with you in every moment is an immense relief and whenever you face a challenge in life, you can trust Him to solve it for you.
“Now, of course, the allies of Allah, for them there will be nothing to fear, and they will not be saddened.” [Holy Quran 10:62]
- Discovering Your Life Purpose
Converting to Islam means that you are on the path to fulfilling your life’s purpose. The very reason why God created us is to worship Him. Islam teaches how to worship God and how to be close to Him.
“And I didn’t create jinns and humans except to worship Me.” [Holy Quran 51:56]
- All Sins Forgiven
By converting to Islam, all previous sins are forgiven. A new Muslim is like a newborn baby. Whatever sin you have done, no matter how many times you have done it or how big it is, God can forgive you. God loves to forgive; Humans can get tired of asking, but God never tires of giving.
Say: “O My servants, who have exceeded yourselves at your own loss, do not despair at the mercy of Allah. Certainly, Allah forgives all crimes. Certainly, He is The Forgiver, The Merchant. ” [Holy Quran 39:53]
- Eternal happiness
The biggest benefit is that the reward of eternal Paradise (Heaven) is promised by God to a Muslim. Those who are blessed with Paradise will live forever in happiness without any kind of illness, pain or sadness. God will be satisfied with them and they will be satisfied with Him. In Paradise, there are pleasures that no eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has ever thought. It will be a very real life, not just spiritual, but physical as well.
“Each soul will experience death. And, only, on the Day of Resurrection, you will be compensated with your prizes. Then, whoever is distanced from the Fire and introduced into Paradise, in effect, will triumph. And earthly life is nothing but fallacious enjoyment. ” [Holy Quran 3: 185]
There are many people who follow the teachings of a religion as best they can and others who believe in God in some way without practicing any formal religion. Many have abandoned the thought that there could be a true religion, because almost all religions claim to be true. And some allow all religions to be legitimate paths to God and acceptable to Him. So how is Islam different from other religions?
Islam has several unique characteristics that can be confirmed through further study:
Islam is the only religion whose sources have remained free from human change and interference.
His divinely revealed scripture is in harmony with established facts of science, clearly bearing the signature of the Creator of this universe.
- Islam provides answers to the fundamental questions that occur in the mind of every intelligent person. These responses are related to the purpose of creation and life, also about respecting an afterlife.
- Islam is the only religion that insists on worshiping the Creator alone and completely rejects the worship of any aspect of creation.
- Islam dispenses with all intermediaries between man and God and allows each individual to contact Him directly. This eliminates religious hierarchies and other sources of exploitation that have characterized the history of religions over time. Islam dispenses with the existence of a clergyman or establishment that can interfere with contact between a person and his Creator.
- Unlike other religions and ideologies that emphasize some aspects of human nature at the expense of others, Islam adapts the physical, intellectual and spiritual aspects of man. Islamic beliefs and practices are natural and attract common sense. They have a balanced program of life that meets physical and spiritual needs.
- Islam prohibits blind tracking without knowledge and is based on evidence and logic. The rational mind is the basis for accountability and religious responsibility. All aspects of Islamic belief are clear without any obscurity or ambiguity. It contains no principle that contradicts reason or observable reality and invites people to study and contemplate as a means of strengthening the faith.
- Islam’s moral, economic, political and social religious ethics is permanent and remains constant. They are governed by a set of immutable principles that include values as universal as justice, freedom, fraternity, equality and social responsiThe story provides a notable example in Islamic society – a model established by Prophet Muhammad (May peace and blessings be upon him) and his companions maintained for decades by dedicated Muslims where truth and transparency – justice and compassion have been implemented as a vital expression of religion .
Islam also declares that it is the true religion, as this is stated unequivocally in the Koran. However, the Creator does not force His preference on anyone. He wants people to accept the right guidance on their own and free will, because that is what makes them worthy of His approval and reward. The Qur’an states:
“There is no compulsion in religion! Indeed, there is a difference between righteousness and depravity. Then, whoever disown At-Tāghūt and believes in Allah, in effect, will stick to the firm unbreakable handle. And Allah is Omnivorous, Omniscient. ” [Holy Quran 2: 256]
“And for you, Muhammad, we brought down the Book, with the truth, to confirm the Books that were before him and to prevail over them. Then, judge among them, according to what Allah brought down. And do not follow your passions, deviating from what has come to you from the Truth. For each of you, we have made legislation and a plan. And if Allah wanted, he would have made you a single community, but he did not, to put you to the test, with what he gave you. So emulate yourselves for good deeds. Allah will be the return of all of you. And He will inform you of what you do not agree with. ” [Holy Quran 5:48]