The assignment sheets always help the student to gain further information about the lesson by directing
his study or investigation.Questions are usually asked, and the student is required to seek the answers from the material suggested. It is an invaluable aid to self-study on the part of the student.
- Select a specific title that adequately describes the assignment.
- List the objectives of the assignment sheet. A statement of the purposes, principles to be
taught, and application of the study should be included.
- Give specific directions on exactly how the assignment is to be carried out.
- Give any information not referred to in references.
- If questions are to be asked, objective answers should be required. Objective questions permit
ease of scoring, and have other advantages
List the specific sources of information clearly.
State when the assignment is to be completed.
- Make instruction sheets durable.
- Instruction sheets must be made strong enough to withstand constant handling by many students.
HOW TO WRITE INSTRUCTION Assignment SHEETS
- Provide adequate filing facilities.
Instruction sheets must be filed so that they are easily accessible to students, and indexed in such
a way that they can be found and replaced readily.
The visible type of filing is recommended, in which the titles can be seen at all times.
- Revise instruction sheets as needed.It may be found that certain sections of individual
sheets need revision to clarify meanings and statements of procedures.
- The proof of any instruction sheet is that it can be clearly understood by the student, and that it is technically correct. Changes in teaching techniques and advances in the technology of the subject will necessitate periodic revisions in instructional material.