Alprazolam is the most prescribed active principle for treating anxiety states, panic attacks or intense stress. It is a highly effective psychotropic drug. Alprazolam is a tranquilizer medicine.Thus, this remedy treats symptoms such as anxiety, tension, fear,irritability, and insomnia.This compound belongs to the class of anxiolytics, which act on the central nervous system. Alprazolam may also be known commercially as Frontal, Altroz,and can be found in doses: 0.25 mg, 0.5 mg, 1 mg and 2 mg.
How To Take Alprazolam
Dosages of Alprazolam should be indicated by the doctor.
- Anxiety: doses between 0.25 mg and 0.5 mg taken 3 times a day, never exceeding the maximum dose of 4 mg daily.
- Panic syndrome: doses between 0.5 and 3 mg taken 3 times a day, never exceeding the maximum dose of 10 mg per day.
The optimum dose of Alprazolam (active substance) should be individualized based on the severity of the symptoms and the individual response of the patient.
Side Effects Of Alprazolam
The most common side effects of Alprazolam are constipation, depression, memory changes, anxiety, tremor, dizziness, drowsiness, loss of consciousness, lack of motor coordination, difficulty sleeping, headache, confusion, slowed-down and difficult speech. nervousness, nausea, inflammation of the skin, extreme tiredness, irritability, blurred vision, decreased appetite, decreased libido or sexual impotence, empty headache, changes in balance or loss or weight gain.
Most Adverse Effects
- Alteration of coordination.
- Increased or decreased appetite.
- Memory deterioration.
- Anxiety and increased heart rate.
- Stunting, difficulty focusing attention.
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Significant changes in sexual desire .
- Menstrual irregularities.
- Urinary retention.
Alprazolam is contraindicated for children and adolescents under 18 years of age, patients with acute narrow-angle glaucoma or myasthenia gravis, and for patients allergic to other benzodiazepines or other components of the formula. In addition, if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or if you are in poor health or kidney or liver problems, you should talk to your doctor before starting treatment.