Albocresil is a medicine that has the active ingredient Policresulene.This medication is a very acidic antiseptic and is indicated for the treatment of inflammations and infections of the vaginal tissues, such as vaginal deposits, vaginitis and ulcers.
Adverse Reactions of Albocresil Gel
The frequency of occurrence of adverse reactions with Albocresil is not known.
The following undesirable reactions have been reported with the use of preparations containing polystyrene :
- Candidiasis (fungal infection) in the vagina;
- Itching in the vagina;
- Elimination of tissue fragments from the mucosa of the vagina;
- Discomfort and dryness of the vagina;
- Foreign body sensation;
- Systemic allergic reactions;
Indications of Albocresil
In Gynecology :
Infections, inflammation or lesions of vaginal tissues (cervical and vaginal discharge caused by bacteria, fungal infections, vaginitis, ulcers, cervicitis), removal of abnormal tissues in the uterus, bleeding control after biopsy.
In Dermatology :
Remove necrotic tissue after burns, accelerate the healing process and do local cleaning of burns, ulcers and condylomata, control bleeding.
Side Effects of Albocresil
Alteration of the enamel of the teeth, local irritation, dryness of the vagina, sensation of burning in the vagina, elimination of fragments of vaginal tissues, urticaria, candidiasis, sensation of foreign body in the vagina.
How to use Albocresil
- Thrush or gum inflammation: Apply the concentrated solution or Albocresil gel directly to the affected site with the aid of a swab or cotton. After application of the medicine the mouth must be thoroughly rinsed with water.
Caution : The product should not be ingested as it may cause serious damage to the esophagus. If accidental ingestion occurs, drink plenty of water and seek medical advice immediately.
- Wet a cotton with Albocresil (pure solution or gel) and apply on the affected area for a period of 1 to 3 minutes.
- Solution (diluted) : The solution of Albocresil should be diluted in water in the ratio of 1: 5 and the product should be applied to the vagina with the aid of the accompanying material. Leave the product for 1 to 3 minutes at the application site.
- Gel : The gel should be introduced into the vagina with a full applicator of the product. The application should be done every other day (day and day), preferably before bedtime.
- Ova : Introduce an ovum into the vagina with the aid of an applicator. The application should also be done on alternate days (day and day not), preferably before bedtime.