Have you ever felt discouraged and tempted to give up? Then someone comes to you and says, “You just have to be positive.” Yes, most of us have already received such a message from someone.
Maybe you also said the same thing to a friend or family member: “Do not be so negative, just stay positive and things will get better.”
7 Steps to Thinking Positive
We can surely identify with this: think positive !! But now you will agree it is sometimes a cliché that one uses without thinking about how you actually do it. What should one do now to think positively? Here are seven steps you can take to begin the process of preparation for mediation.
- Live gratitude every moment: Learn to appreciate every moment for what it is. For example, you go to the beach to enjoy a wonderful day of sunshine, blue sea, umbrellas and ice cream. Arriving there, the wind starts to pick up and rain sifts down. Instead of feeling unhappy, enjoy the moment. Enjoy the wind, sing in the rain, laugh at everyone who scurries to find shelter. Live the intensity of the moment. Another example: you drive through the Karoo and get a flat tire. Rather, to be thick-mouthed about the inconvenience that befalls you, get out and sit by the side of the road. Listen to the great silence of the Karoo and pull your fingers through the warm sand. Rejoice for such a special moment you experience in the Karoo. I involuntarily think of the words of Henri Matisse: “There are always flowers for those who want to see them.”
- Live with humor: You need to be able to laugh every day. Laughter is healing. Laughter heals. Learn to see humor in situations. Practice saying something funny. Find something funny in a stressful moment and tell it to the people around you. Humor requires creativity . It opens your mind. Seek humor in something and it forces you to think differently. It stimulates your brain, it gives life.
- Live your dream to the fullest: Instead of complaining about what happened, create for yourself forward-looking thinking. Do not stare at the injustice done to you, but focus on your future. “It only takes one positive thought to get a chance to survive and grow, to overwhelm an entire army of negative thoughts.” (Robert H. Schuller). Do not grumble about wasted opportunities, but zeal for opportunities that are now around you. Work tirelessly and creatively on your dreams and live your life with passion.
- Get your place neat and tidy:Get your home, desk, living environment, and your workspace organized and sort everything out. When things are in place, they are neat and your space is systematic and well-arranged, you just feel better. It creates an atmosphere and energy to actually do something about your problems and to make better use of new opportunities.
- Surround yourself with positive people: Positive people stimulate you to positive thinking, while the negativity of people has a destructive effect on your set. When talking and dealing with people, do not focus on black-hearted and negative aspects. Rather venture with humor and positivity and you will see how you draw the right type of people closer to you.
- Forget fear, fully forward: Fear of all sorts of things makes you depressed, tense, scared and negative. It could be fear of financial problems, a grumpy boss, a bad situation or an overload of work. But refuses to focus on fear. Analyze the fear, think of solutions and take action steps to deal with the problem. Then concentrate on everything you have on your goals and the path along which you are moving forward. Deliberately move doubt and fear thoughts, and give all your energy and thought to your dreams. Take one day at a time, and treat that day fully and positively. Swami Vivekananda said: “When you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood over death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully with confidence and faith, and life becomes more sheltered, fuller of action, richer in achievement and experience. ”
- Live by faith: You have this one life.
Believe in yourself and risk everything you have to live life to the fullest.
Believe that you will be successful.
Believe that you will turn your problems and obstacles into opportunities.
Accept the challenges of life and build your future. To believe in yourself is to create a reality in which you can function with confidence and positivity. And you can only believe in yourself, because you were created in the image of God. Someone once said, “When the sun rises, it rises for everyone.”