t is used for the purpose of inducing and maintaining an erection in case of erectile dysfunction.
What is Havanafil?
It works by promoting increased blood flow to the penis following sexual stimulation.
How is Havanafil taken?
It is administered in the form of tablets .
Side effects of Havanafil
In rare cases it can cause anterior ischemic optic neuropathy. Its most common side effects include:
- dizziness ;
- headaches ;
- slight sore throat;
- stuffy or runny nose ;
It is important to seek medical attention immediately in case of:
- skin rash ;
- urticaria ;
- itching ;
- difficulty breathing;
- feeling of tightness or pain in the chest;
- swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue;
- fainting ;
- fast or irregular heartbeat;
- prolonged or painful erection;
- severe or persistent dizziness ;
- severe or persistent visual problems;
- sudden reduction or loss of hearing;
- sudden decrease or loss of vision from one or both eyes.
Contraindications and warnings on the use of Havanafil
It can impair the ability to drive or maneuver dangerous machinery, especially when taken with alcohol or other medicines. It can also cause dangerous dizziness and fainting when getting up from a sitting or lying position, especially in the morning, if you have a fever, when it is hot, if you drink alcohol or during physical activity.
It is contraindicated in the presence of certain pathologies of the kidneys, liver or heart and if you take other drugs for erectile dysfunction, nitrates, Mifepristone, Nefazodone, Nelfinavir, Ritonavir, Saquinavir, Telaprevir, Telithromycin, Nitroprussiato, Atanazavir, Boceprevir, Claritromicina Indinavir, Itraconazole, Ketoconazole or Voriconazole.
Before taking it, it is also important to let your doctor know:
- about the presence of any allergies to the active substance, its excipients, other drugs, foods or any other substance;
- of medicines, phytotherapy and supplements already taken in the past, in particular alpha-blockers, azole antifungals, Nefazodone, protease inhibitors, drugs for high blood pressure, nitrates, Nitroprusside, Carbamazepine , Idantonine, Fenobarbital, Apripitant and Fosaprepitant, Diltiazem, macrolide antibiotics, Mifepristone, Primidone, Rifamycins and Hypericum;
- if you suffer (or have suffered in the past) from kidney or liver problems, irregular heartbeats, deformity of the penis, blood diseases, priapism, ulcers, bleeding, eye or hearing disorders, cardiovascular disease, low blood pressure, uncontrolled hypertension ;
- in case of dehydration or hypovolemia ;
- if you have had a stroke or a heart attack ;
- in case of heart surgery in the previous 6 months;
- if you are on dialysis and if you use drugs (in particular poppers);
- if you drink alcohol;
- in the case of pregnant women or breastfeeding women