The Dimethicone is used to treat or prevent dry skin, itching and minor skin irritations.
What is Dimeticone?
It is an emollient . It works by hydrating the skin.
How do you take Dimeticone?
The Dimethicone is given locally, usually in the form of cream.
Side effects on the use of Dimethicone
Among the possible side effects of Dimethicone we also find slight itching, burning and stinging sensation.
It is essential to notify a doctor immediately in the presence of:
- rash ;
- urticaria ;
- itching ;
- breathing problems;
- feeling of tightness in the chest;
- swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue;
- itching, burning or the sensation of continuous or severe stings;
- skin irritations;
- worsening of dry skin.
Contraindications and warnings on the use of Dimethicone
Before using Dimethicone it is essential to warn your doctor :
- of possible allergies to the active substance, its excipients, other medicines, foods or any other substance;
- medicines, phytotherapics and supplements taken;
- in the presence of open wounds, severe burns or damaged, broken or irritated skin ;
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.