It was established on July 2, 2010 and the objective of UN Women is to establish international standards to achieve gender equality. Its main 5 objectives focus on:
- Increase women’s leadership and participation
- End violence against women
- Involve women in all aspects of peace and security processes
- Improve women’s economic empowerment
- Make gender equality central to national development planning and budgeting
This organization, in conjunction with the UN Global Compact Office, wrote a document where 7 basic principles of women’s empowerment are shared in order for the private sector to implement gender equality in their work practices.
These stated principles are the following:
- Promote gender equality from the top management level .
- Treat all men and women equally at work – respect and defend human rights and non-discrimination.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all workers.
- Promote the education, training and professional development of women.
- Undertake business development, supply chain, and marketing practices for women’s empowerment .
- Promote equality through community initiatives and lobbying.
- Evaluate and disseminate the progress made in favor of gender equality.
It is evident the relevance of these organizations, together with their principles, to promote equality, which is a basic human right and that, by their hand, leads women to achieve empowerment in their professional development.
Based on these principles, it is possible to take the potential of women to an even higher level, therefore, we invite you to be part of our workshop aimed at executive women that allows them to approach topics such as:
- The different types of leadership
- The ability to influence the value that a leader brings