The Radeon HD series is the generation of graphics cards from the manufacturer ATI Technologies that was born as a continuation of the Radeon X line of models and the first designed after the absorption of ATI by AMD . This range is primarily targeted at the dedicated, integrated and mobile graphics chip industry . At the end of 2010 AMD , of which ATI is a Subsidiary, announced that from the Radeon HD 6000,1 Series the ATI brand would be replaced by AMD to help drive the AMD Vision and AMD Fusion platforms.
[ hide ]
- 1 HD 2000 Series (R600)
- 2 HD 3000 Series (R600)
- 3 HD 4000 Series (R700)
- 4 HD 5000 Series (Evergreen)
- 5 HD 6000 Series (Northern Islands)
- 6 HD 7000 Series (Southern Islands)
- 1 Video Card with high resolution content from 2013
- 7 See also
- 8 Sources
HD 2000 series (R600)
- ATIRadeon HD 2400 XT.
- ATIRadeon HD 2300 (RV610)
- ATIRadeon HD 2400 Pro (RV610)
- ATIRadeon HD 2400 XT (RV610)
- ATIRadeon HD 2600 Pro (RV630)
- ATIRadeon HD 2600 XT (RV630)
- ATIRadeon HD 2900 GT (R600GT)
- ATIRadeon HD 2900 Pro (R600PRO)
- ATIRadeon HD 2900 XT (R600XT)
The first GPU HD series was the HD 2900 XT (R600), launched in May of the 2007 . This card was the first release after AMD bought ATI . Its characteristics and specifications stood out for having 320 Stream Processors (Compared to the 128 of its direct competition at that time, the GeForce 8800 GTX); It was the first vga on the market to have a 512-bit memory interface, memory bandwidth of 106 Gb / sec, but it did not meet expectations, being released more than half a year after GeForce.8800 Series. It was unable to compete head to head with its direct competitors. It offers full compatibility with DirectX 10 , Ultra dispatcher processor, UVD (Unified Video Decoding) -this feature was only present in HD 2xxx that came later-, HDMI , AVIVO HD . Obviously, these graphics are perfectly prepared for content in high definition, and are capable of playing Blu-Ray and HD DVD in FullHD resolutions .
HD 3000 series (R600)
- ATIRadeon HD 3450 (RV620 LE)
- ATIRadeon HD 3470 (RV620 PRO)
- ATIRadeon HD 3650 (RV635 PRO)
- ATIRadeon HD 3690/3830 (RV670 PRO)
- ATIRadeon HD 3850 (RV670 PRO)
- ATIRadeon HD 3870 (RV670 XT)
- ATIRadeon HD 3850 X2 (RV670 PRO)
- ATIRadeon HD 3870 X2 (R680)
On November 15 of the 2007 it would be launched Family HD 3000 Series, which offers novelty full support DirectX 10.1, in addition to the standard PCI-Express 2.0 . The top of the line in this series was the HD 3870X2, which is presented as the first dual solution (2-core RV670) by AMD / ATI for the High End segment. This card is manufactured in 55nm, which leads to a decrease in temperature and energy consumption, in addition to improving the work process and inserting a greater number of transistorsIn a smaller space (increase in density), that is why of the 700 million transistors of the R600, now the RV670 offers 666 million transistors and, in this case, increasing by double, 1.33 billion transistors, for that matter. of the Radeon HD 3870 X2. It was also the first video card to have 1 Tera FLOPS of Computing Power, compared to its direct competition, the GeForce 8800 Ultra, which has 576 GigaFlops. Other supported technologies are CrossfireX , PowerPlay , in addition to those offered by the HD 2000 Series.
HD 4000 series (R700)
- ATIRadeon HD 4350 (RV710)
- ATIRadeon HD 4550 (RV710)
- ATIRadeon HD 4650 (RV730 PRO)
- ATIRadeon HD 4670 (RV730 XT)
- ATIRadeon HD 4730 (RV770 CE)
- ATIRadeon HD 4770 (RV740)
- ATIRadeon HD 4830 (RV770 LE)
- ATIRadeon HD 4850 (RV770 PRO)
- ATIRadeon HD 4870 (RV770 XT)
- ATIRadeon HD 4890 (RV790 XT)
- ATIRadeon HD 4850 X2 (R700)
- ATIRadeon HD 4870 X2 (R700)
ATI Radeon HD 4550
In June of the 2008 it was launched to the market the HD 4800 Series (RV770). The first 2 products were the HD4870 and HD4850, which shared the same core with the 800 Stream Processor , but the HD4870 offered a higher core frequency and GDDR5 memories , being the first video card to have this type of memory. The advantages of using GDDR5 memory lies in the higher frequencies with a minimum use of voltage , compared to GDDR3 / 4 and, therefore, can deliver a higher bandwidth. In turn, being manufactured under a reduced manufacturing process (55 nm) can reduce its consumption and operating voltage. On the other hand, they include special features such as error correction, technologies that until a few years ago were only incorporated in server memories. AMD says that the GDDR5 memories get a speed of 3.6 Ghz at 1.5v, and the HD 4850 brings GDDR3 memories with a speed of 2.0 Ghz at 2.0 v. The technologies included in this family are: full compatibility with DirectX 10.1, Havok physics support, PCI Express 2.0 , CrossFireX , Unified Video Decoder 2 support, HDMI , HDCP, ATI PowerPlay, etc. Without a doubt, this generation has been quite successful, with HD4870X2 video card top line, which was the most powerful video card in the world for a while, until the arrival of the GeForce GTX 295 in January of the 2009 . In April the Radeon HD 4890 was released with characteristics identical to a 4870 but with important changes in the use of new materials in the graphic core that allows it to reach higher working frequencies.
HD 5000 series (Evergreen)
- ATIRadeon HD 5450 (Cedar PRO)
- ATIRadeon HD 5550 (Redwood LE)
- ATIRadeon HD 5570 (Redwood PRO)
- ATIRadeon HD 5670 (Redwood XT)
- ATIRadeon HD 5750 (Juniper PRO)
- ATIRadeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT)
- ATIRadeon HD 5830 (Cypress LE)
- ATIRadeon HD 5850 (Cypress PRO)
- ATIRadeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT)
- ATIRadeon HD 5970 (Hemlock XT)
In September of the 2009 ATI launches to the market the series HD 5000, who has the distinction of being the first GPU supporting the new standard DirectX 11 Microsoft for Windows 7 . The first models to be presented were the HD 5870 and HD 5850 cards that have a total of 1600 and 1440 shaders respectively, 80 texture units and 32 ROPs and a total of 2.72 Teraflops in the case of the 5870 and 2.4 Teraflop for the 5850 for single precision calculations, with a 40nm manufacturing process. Both models have memoriesGDDR5 . On October 13 of the 2009 they were presented models of mid – range HD 5770 and HD 5750 with 800 and 720 shaders unified respectively. On November 11 of the 2009 was presented the model higher-end ATI , the 5970, has dual chip 5870 and 2GB number of GDDR5 1GB memory, 3200 shaders and unified computing power unprecedented to date 4.7 teraflops. The graphics in this series can count up to 3,200 processing units and 4.3 billion transistors. These graphics stand out for their large bandwidth ( GDDR5 memory ) that can range from the original 128 GB / S at speeds greater than 170 GB / S through overclocking, depending on the clock frequency to which they are subjected. ATI is also characterized by offering a control panel, where it includes the ATI Overdrive® tool , which allows changing the memory clock frequencies, core and other details without taking the typical risks of overclocking and obtaining variable percentage improvements.
HD 6000 series (Northern Islands)
- AMDRadeon HD 6450 (Caicos)
- AMDRadeon HD 6570 (Turks)
- AMDRadeon HD 6670 (Turks)
- AMDRadeon HD 6750 (Juniper PRO)
- AMDRadeon HD 6770 (Juniper XT)
- AMDRadeon HD 6790 (Barts LE)
- AMDRadeon HD 6850 (Barts Pro)
- AMDRadeon HD 6870 (Barts XT)
- AMDRadeon HD 6950 (Cayman Pro)
- AMDRadeon HD 6970 (Cayman XT)
- AMDRadeon HD 6990 (Antilles)
In October of the 2010 AMD launches the Radeon series market HD 6000, which coincides with the disappearance of ATI as a brand of products Radeon . The first models to be introduced were the Radeon HD 6870 mid-range cards (1120 shaders , 32 ROPs and 2.0 Tflops of computing power) and the Radeon HD 6850 (960 shaders , 32 ROPs and 1.5 Tflops of computing power). calculation) on October 22, 2010, then the high-end Radeon HD 6970 cards (1536 shaders , 32 ROPs and 2.70 Tflop computing power) and the Radeon HD 6950 (1408) would be added.shaders , 32 ROPs and 2.25 Tflop of computing power) on December 15 , 2010 . The 8 of March of 2011 was presented the highest – end model, the dual – GPU card Radeon HD 6990 (1536 x2 shaders , 32 ROPs and 5.10 x2 Tflop power calculation). The series incorporates new applications such as Morphological antialiasing , a type of antialiasing used as a post-process with a lower performance penalty than the MSAA and SSAA methods, and can also be used in games without an option to classic antialiasing methods and emulations.
HD 7000 series (Southern Islands)
The Southern Islands series, the code name for the HD 7000, is expected to arrive in the second half of 2011 . These graphics models, which would replace the current extensive model range little by little, would be based on the chip of the current HD 6970, but will be manufactured under a 28nm manufacturing process by TSMC.
High resolution content video card from 2013
The new generation of AMD Volcanic Islands graphics cards is here:
- AMD Radeon HD 7990: This Dual – Slot video card is equipped with 6GB of GDDR5 memory for superior visual performance while playing games and watching high definition movies.
- AMD Radeon R9 290x. AMD Radeon ™ R9 Series Graphics AMD Radeon ™ GPUs
R9 Series incorporate award-winning GCN Architecture for unprecedented performance and efficiency. Packed with impressive features like AMD PowerTune technology and AMD CrossFire ™ technology, gamers won’t settle for anything less.