Chemical element also named methylacetylene or allylene, is an alkyne formed by three atoms of carbon and C4- hydrogen , the formula is C 3 H 4 .
[ hide ]
- 1 Physical and chemical properties
- 2 Obtaining
- 3 Applications
- 4 Sources
Physical and chemical properties
- It is a colorless gas
- Characteristic smell
- Denser than air
- Semi-developed formula: HC≡C-CH 3
- Boiling point: –23 ° C
- Melting point: –101.5 ° C
- Density relative to water: 0.68
- Solubility in water: 0.36 g / 100 ml
- Vapor pressure: 521 kPa (at 20 ° C)
- Relative vapor density (air = 1): 1,4
- Explosive limits (vol% in air): 1.7 – 11.7
- Dehydrohalogenation of neighboring dihalogenated derivatives.
- Dehalogenation of neighboring tetrahalogenated derivatives.
- In welds.