Lahore, also known as the “Heart of Pakistan,” is a city steeped in history, culture, and vibrant nightlife. If you’re looking to explore Lahore at night, here are 10 places that come alive as the sun sets:
Lahore Visiting Places At Night
- Food Street, Gawalmandi & Fort Road: Taste the traditional Lahori cuisines in the beautifully restored colonial-era buildings. The streets are lit up and offer a variety of local dishes.
- Badshahi Mosque: One of the city’s iconic landmarks, this majestic mosque is beautifully illuminated at night. Although you might not be able to enter late, the view from the outside is still mesmerizing.
- Greater Iqbal Park: This park, including Minar-e-Pakistan, offers spectacular lighting at night. It’s a nice place to take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the view of the historical monuments.
- Lahore Canal: Especially during festivals, the canal is adorned with lights and offers a serene view. A drive alongside the canal with the trees adorned with fairy lights is magical.
- Shahi Qila (Lahore Fort): While the main sections of the fort might be closed, the outer areas and Hazuri Bagh are accessible, providing a mystical view of the fort’s illuminated architecture.
- Rooftop Cafes in Lahore: There are many cafes, especially in the MM Alam Road area, where you can enjoy a meal or tea with a rooftop view of the city.
- Packages Mall: If you’re looking for a modern shopping experience with a variety of eateries and entertainment options, Packages Mall is a popular choice. It’s beautifully lit up at night.
- Sheesh Mahal: Located inside the Lahore Fort, Sheesh Mahal is a palace of mirrors. During special events or occasions, it’s sometimes illuminated, offering a unique night-time experience.
- Lahore Safari Park: It’s not typically open very late, but if you’re there during the evening hours, the experience can be different and refreshing as the nocturnal animals become more active.
- The Lahore Arts Council (Alhamra): This place is the hub of cultural activities in Lahore. Check their schedule for nighttime events, plays, or concerts.
Remember, while Lahore is generally safe, it’s always a good idea to be cautious, especially at night. Always check the visiting hours and any night-time restrictions before heading out.