Your good words and actions help and provide relief. You must have seen or heard a lot of such people saying something in an odd situation or in a loss or painful situation, which is even more painful and disturbing. If a woman has a sudden miscarriage, what to say or do to help the woman in this situation? Most people do not know. In the post presented to How To Help a Woman After a Miscarriage, we have brought here some tips which will be helpful for you in this odd situation.
How to help a woman after a sudden abortion
- What not to say:
- You are a young woman now, let God fill your lap ahead.
- This was the approval of the creator or the desire of God.
- At least you have other children.
- Abortion is common.
- Come on, forget it and move on in life?
- Something must have gone wrong with the child.
- Come on, you can always try again.
These words, though often uttered with the best of intentions, help the woman who has had an abortion. Actually, they do the opposite – it hurts them. Why? That’s right, when you say let’s get ahead, or, it shouldn’t have happened, you’re certainly saying that his loss was not real. You are not paying attention that she has lost a real child – a child for whom she has love, hopes, dreams, desires and plans.
Apart from how to help a woman after a miscarriage, read also: How to be pregnant?
When he lost his child, he also lost all those dreams. If she loses a child after birth, people will treat her differently because a child was seen, raised on a lap, loved.
Remember: A pregnant woman usually forms a very strong bond with her unborn from the moment she realizes that she is pregnant. As she begins planning for a new life, her life immediately changes. After all, there was a very alive, beautiful and genuine child inside her. The child who has now died.
- Say these words:
Just say these simple words to a woman who has had an abortion:
- I am with you in your grief and loss.
Show compassion, sympathy and consent to them.
- Never let him feel alone and don’t let him feel that his world has gone out from under him.
Those words are: I am sorry for your loss. Or I am very sorry for your loss.
Just by saying that you are deeply saddened by her loss, then you are comforting a woman who has had an abortion. This is what he needs to hear. You are telling him that his pain is real and he has every right to feel, mourn, cry and recover. An abortion should be viewed as the loss of a soulmate. An abortion is the real loss of a soul.
- Some other suggestions:
- Use your sympathy. If you have gone through the pain of miscarriage, you can understand the woman’s feelings after the abortion. Tell him how unbearable this sorrow is for you, only I can understand it. Try to reach their feelings.
- If you are at a loss, the art of listening is very helpful. When you listen carefully to a woman who has had a sudden miscarriage, her feelings are definitely important to you.
- Send him a card of encouragement – choose the words in it very wisely.
- If she suffers from depression or depression, talk to a doctor or professional or find a support group. Go with it if appropriate.
- If you live with a woman who has recently had an abortion, understand that she is currently very emotionally confused. Her hormones are out of balance. Her body still feels pregnant which she is no longer. There may be children’s clothes or other items around the house that are a constant reminder of her loss. His body, mind and soul are all suffering and need time to heal. She can question God and herself.
Apart from how to help a woman after a miscarriage, also read: cure infertility
Many women blame themselves for their abortions. If you think so, please tell him that it is not his fault. If she is crying a lot, please let her be, or give her a hug. The suggestion is to stop crying – don’t say that. Let her tears flow. This is part of the healing process and remember, she is grieving. When we mourn, most of us cry.
- Please be patient with him.
I hope the suggestions given here will be helpful for what to say and what not to do with a woman going through a sudden abortion situation. We know it is difficult to find the right words. As you can see, nothing is difficult here. You don’t have to dig too far to find the simple words that have been mentioned before: I am sorry for your loss. I am very sorry for your loss.