Escalivada . It is a typical dish of Valencia other Spanish regions such as Catalonia, Region of Murcia and Aragon. It consists of roasted vegetables: aubergine, pepper, onion and tomato.
[ hide ]
- 1 Features
- 2 How to make a blanching in the oven?
- 3 How to make a blanching in the microwave
- 4 Roast the peppers at home
- 5 Source
Vegetables are roasted, broiled, or baked, until cooked. They are allowed to cool and then peel and peel them off. To serve, they are cut into long strips longitudinally and seasoned with olive oil and salt , and garlic is usually added in small pieces. It is a dish that is eaten at room temperature, so its consumption is usually more common in the summer months.
The scalding can be eaten alone or as an accompaniment to a main dish ( meat , fish , etc.). A typical form of consumption is to present the blanched on a toast of bread and accompany it with anchovy fillets. Another of the multiple versions that this dish has is that of presenting the roasted in the form of mousse or cake .
How to make a blanching in the oven?
- Dress with a stream of olive oil and minced garlic.
- With the oven at 200ºC, roast the peppers, aubergines, tomatoes , whole onion and the potatoes with their skin (washed), smeared with a little oil and wrapped in aluminum foil. …
- Cut the peppers and aubergines into strips. …
- Ingredients for Escalivada roasted vegetables
2 large aubergines 2 large red peppers. 3 small onions . 5 small tomatoes. 2 cloves of garlic . Salt to taste)
How to make a roast in the microwave
- Wash the vegetables.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise, peel the onion and arrange the ingredients inside the Steam Case along with the garlic clove, red pepper, cayenne pepper and 2 tablespoons of water .
- Cook in the microwave for 10 minutes at maximum power (800 W).
Roast the peppers at home
- As ingredients you will only need the peppers (green, red, yellow …), a small head of garlic, virgin olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Wash the peppers and spread them with the hands of virgin olive oil.
- Brush with olive oil, salt and black pepper if you use it. Put the slices on a lightly greased cookie sheet or baking paper. * * If you want, add minced garlic 5 minutes before finishing cooking. Time: 25 to 30 minutes, turning them once halfway through cooking.