colloidal silver is a natural product primarily known for its disinfectant power and antibiotic that can be exploited in various situations. But this solution is also suitable for children and in this case how to use it?
Colloidal silver, what it is and the benefits
Colloidal silver is a liquid product rich in positive ionic charged silver particles. These are precisely what give it its active qualities:
- Antibiotic and antiviral: l ‘ colloidal silver works well to combat viruses, bacteria (including those resistant to antibiotics), fungi and other microorganisms. Thanks to these properties, in ancient times it was also used for the disinfection of wounds.
- Anti-inflammatory: it is a useful product to lower inflammation inside the body.
- Strengthens the immune system: there are those who take colloidal silver in preventive form at times of the year most at risk of cold and flu.
- It helps the regeneration of the skin: it can be used not only to disinfect but also to promote cell regeneration in case of sunburn, erythema, dermatological problems, etc.
The concentration of silver in the different types of product can be different and ranges from 5 ppm to 20 ppm.
Colloidal silver, how to use it in children
Colloidal silver exists in the form of drops or sprays , two solutions designed for different uses. In children it is often used in sprays so that it can be easily inserted in the nose in case of a cold, in the throat if there is redness and infection or in the ears to promote daily hygiene.It is generally not recommended for children under one year of age.
Colloidal silver in children (not to be confused with proteinized silver ) is able to help restore hydration of the mucous membranes, fighting bacteria and viruses. It can therefore be useful in case of sinusitis, cold but also to promote breathing in case of allergies.If it is used to fight microorganisms, it is important to allow time for the product to act, in fact it takes a few minutes to counteract the infectious agents. It can also be experimented with fungi that attack the skin.
Recapitulating colloidal silver can be useful in case of:
- cold and flu
- cough and bronchitis
- sinusitis , allergies
- nose and ear hygiene
- strengthen the immune system
- erythema, dermatitis , psoriasis or other skin problems
Children generally tolerate colloidal silver well also because it is a product without taste or smell and above all not irritating in any way.
Colloidal silver, doses for children
Every situation and every child is separate. It would be better to avoid the self-prescription of colloidal silver and, above all to have the correct doses to take, instead rely on a pediatrician , a pharmacist or a naturopath who knows the product well.
To give a general indication, however, for children the generally recommended doses are 10 drops 3 times a day, for a period of about 10-15 days (silver 20 PPM). Here obviously reference is made to an internal use of the product which, remember once again, must be recommended by an expert especially in the case of children because it may not be the best solution for their needs at all.
As for external use, we generally recommend the spray version with which to spray 1 or 2 sprays per nostril 2/3 times a day or the drops (always in small doses) if it should be applied, for example, on the skin.
Colloidal silver, contraindications
For external use substantially there are no contraindications in the use of this product even on children. Attention, however, it is used for the ears: as a preventive form it may be fine but for example in case of otitis with perforation of the eardrum it is absolutely co-introindicated to use this or other remedies inside the ear.