Csharp: Csharp (C #) is a programming language that takes the best features of pre-existing languages like Visual Basic , Java or C ++ and combines them into one. The fact that it is relatively recent does not imply that it is immature, since Microsoft has written most of the BCL using it, so its compiler is the most refined and optimized of those included in the .NET Framework SDK . Easy to learn, so it is aimed at novice programmers.
[ hide ]
- 1 Story
- 2 Features
- 3 Portals recommended for further study
- 4 See also
- 5 Sources
C # (read in English “C Sharp” and Spanish “C Pad”) is the new general-purpose language designed by Microsoft for its .NET platform . Its main creators are Scott Wiltamuth and Anders Hejlsberg , the latter also known for having been the designer of the Turbo Pascal language and the RAD Delphi tool .
Although it is possible to write code for the .NET platform in many other languages, C # is the only one that has been specifically designed to be used in it, so programming it using C # is much easier and more intuitive than doing it with any of the other languages. since C # lacks unnecessary legacy elements in .NET. For this reason, it is often said that C # is the native language of .NET
The syntax and structure of this language is very similar to that of C ++ , since Microsoft’s intention with C # is to facilitate the migration of codes written in these languages to C # and to make it easier for developers who are used to them. However, its simplicity and high level of productivity are comparable to those of Visual Basic .
Some of the characteristics indicated here are not exactly typical of the language but of the .NET platform in general. However, they are also commented here also as they have a direct impact on the language, although it will be explicitly indicated what these types of characteristics are each time they are touched:
- Simplicity:C # removes many elements that other languages include and that are unnecessary in .NET.
- Modernity: Itincorporates in the language itself elements that are very useful for the development of applications and that in other languages such as Java or C ++, it is necessary to simulate, as a basic decimal type that allows high-precision operations with 128-bit reals, the inclusion of a foreach statement that allows collections to be traversed easily and is extensible to user-defined types, the inclusion of a basic string type to represent strings, or the distinction of a specific bool type to represent logical values.
- Object Oriented (OO):Like all current general purpose programming language, C # is an object oriented language, although that is more of a feature of CTS than C #. It differs in this OO approach from that of other languages such as C ++ , in that C # is purer in that they do not support global functions or variables, but that all code and data must be defined within data type definitions, which reduces problems due to name conflicts and makes code easier to read.
- Component orientation:The C # syntax itself includes elements of component design that other languages have to simulate using more or less complex constructions. That is, C # allows you to conveniently define properties (similar to controlled access fields), events (controlled association of notification response functions) or attributes (information about a type or its members).
- Safe instructions:To avoid very common mistakes, in C # a series of restrictions have been imposed on the use of the most common control instructions.