Learn how to change the Zoom Meetings camera and microphone to use another model with better quality during a meeting.
The Zoom Meetings offers several exciting features to its users. One of them is the possibility to change the selected camera and microphone , either before or during a meeting. This type of procedure can be completed in a few minutes in the PC software . Below, I will show you how to do this.
- How to delete the account from Zoom Meetings
- How to Create Zoom Meetings in Google Calendar
Zoom Meetings allows changing camera and microphone (Image: Chris Montgomery/Unsplash)
How to download Zoom Desktop
If you have more than one camera or microphone available to use, Zoom lets you switch between these gadgets without a problem. For this, you need to download and install the version dedicated to desktops. Follow the step by step below and find out how:
- Open your browser and go to zoom.us/download ;
- Click on “Download” and wait for it to complete;
- Click on the executable file and follow the instructions to install the program;
- Open Zoom and sign in with your account — you can also sign in with Facebook and Google .
Changing the Zoom Meetings Camera and Microphone
Fortunately, the process for changing Zoom’s camera and microphone is the same on any operating system . This means that the instructions below are valid on Windows , Mac or Linux computers .
Before the meeting
- Open the Zoom client and login with your account;
- When the interface loads, click on your profile picture in the upper right corner;
- Click on the “Settings” option;
- On the left side menu, click on “Video”;
- In the “Camera” section, click on the drop-down menu below and select the desired camera;
- In the same side menu, click on “Audio”;
- In the “Microphone” section, click on the drop-down menu and choose another microphone.
During the meeting
- With the meeting started, click the up arrow on the microphone icon;
- In the “Select a Microphone” section, choose the desired model;
- To change the camera, click the up arrow on the video icon;
- In the “Select a Camera” section, click on another template to complete.
That’s it, now you know how to change your Zoom Meetings camera and microphone in just a few minutes. By doing this, you can choose a device that offers better quality, which is important in meetings.