If you have been experiencing avpui.exe application error on your Windows 10 PC after installing Kaspersky Antivirus, we have found the right solution for you.
The avpui.exe application error occurs especially during Windows startup with error messages like ‘ Avpui.exe not found ‘ or ‘ Avpui.exe is not running ‘.
This error is associated with the Kaspersky Antivirus program, one of the best antivirus programs in the world. However, the reasons for this error include:
- Virus or malware infection
- Corrupted or lost Windows registry keys
- Program incompatible with Kaspersky Antivirus
- Dynamic link libraries (DLL) are missing
- Incomplete installation of Kaspersky Antivirus software
- Corrupt Kaspersky Antivirus exe file
Meanwhile, Windows Report has found solutions to fix avpui.exe application error on your Windows 10 PC.
- How to fix avpui.exe application error on Windows 10 PC
- Solution 1: run a full system scan
- Solution 2: Use System File Checker Scan
- Solution 3: uninstall incompatible programs
- Solution 4: Use System Restore
- Solution 5: run Windows updates
- Solution 6: Use CCleaner
- Solution 7: Disable Kaspersky Antivirus from startup
- Solution 8: uninstall Kaspersky Antivirus
- Solution 9: Install Kaspersky Antivirus using administrator privileges
- Solution 10: Perform Startup Repair
How to fix avpui.exe application error on Windows 10 PC
Solution 1: run a full system scan
Viruses and malicious programs can cause the avpui.exe application error. Run a full system scan on your PC to remove all possible harmful viruses. There are several third-party antivirus programs that you can use; however, you can use Windows’ built-in antivirus, Windows Defender. Here’s how to run a full system scan in Windows 10 Creators Update:
- Go to Start> type defender> double click Windows Defender to run the tool.
- In the left pane, select the shield icon
- In the new window, click on the “Advanced Scan” option
- Check the full scan option to start a full system malware scan
Note: If you have finished scanning your PC, it is recommended that you remove all detected viruses; the option can be “clean” or “remove” depending on the antivirus you are using.
Also Read : Pcdrcui.exe is corrupt: Here’s how to fix this error in less than 5 minutes
Solution 2: Use System File Checker Scan
System File Check (SFC); checks the integrity of system files and fixes corrupted files. This process can fix any corrupted system files associated with the Kaspersky Antivirus program file and data. Here’s how to run an SFC scan on your Windows PC:
- Press the Windows key and type “Command Prompt”
- Right click on the command prompt and select “Run as administrator”
- Now, at the cmd prompt, type “sfc” and hit the “Enter” key.
- Type “/ scannow” without quotes and hit the “Enter” key
- Lastly, restart your Windows PC.
Solution 3: uninstall incompatible programs
Another way to fix the avpui.exe application error is to uninstall incompatible programs. Some Windows users have reported that some general-purpose applications may cause avpui.exe application errors.
If you can identify the specific program responsible for the problem, you can easily uninstall it from Programs and Features. Here is how to do this:
- Go to Start> Control Panel> Programs and Features
- In the Programs and Features window, locate and uninstall the unwanted programs.
You can also click on the “Installed” column to sort the program by installation date. So, scroll through the list, identify the latest installed programs before the error problem starts, and then uninstall the program.
However, if you cannot identify the program causing the avpui.exe application error problem, you can proceed to the next method.
- Also Read : Kaspersky launches a free antivirus in response to pressure from Windows Defender
Solution 4: Use System Restore
Recent changes in your system can cause the error problem. System Restore is a Windows feature that allows you to restore your system to a previous state and fix any recent problems. Here’s how to run System Restore on your Windows 10 computer:
- Press the power button until the Automatic Repair message appears.
- Go to Troubleshooting> Advanced Options> System Restore.
- Now select your username and enter your password.
- Click Next, select the desired restore point, and follow the instructions on the screen to restore your PC.
- After the computer has been restored, check to see if the problem still appears.
You can also perform system restore in safe mode. If you can enter safe mode, press the Windows key, type “system restore” and press “Enter” to start the process.
Solution 5: run Windows updates
Also, you can fix the avpui.exe application error problem by updating your Windows operating system to the latest version. Microsoft is constantly releasing Windows updates to improve system stability and fix various problems and errors associated with the startup failure. However, you can follow these steps to update your Windows 10 operating system:
- Go to Start> type “update” in the search box and click “Windows Update” to continue.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install any available updates
- After the update is complete, restart your Windows PC.
Solution 6: Use CCleaner
CCleaner is a utility program that can fix corrupted system files. You can download CCleaner on your Windows PC and use it to scan, fix and clean the faulty system files, especially the corrupted files responsible for the avpui.exe application error. Follow these steps to download, install, and use CCleaner:
- Download CCleaner on its official website
- Now, install and follow the installation instructions.
- After installation, run CCleaner
- Here, go to the menu «Registry», click on the option «Search for problems»
- Therefore, after CCleaner has finished scanning, select the “fix selected problems” option, follow the instructions, and click the “fix all” option.
- Wait for the CCleaner to clean the registry.
Alternatively, you can also use CCleaner to perform system restore, uninstall Kaspersky antivirus, and also modify startup settings.
Also Read : Fix: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Error in Windows 10
Solution 7: Disable Kaspersky Antivirus from startup
Another method to fix the avpui.exe application startup error in Windows 10 is by disabling Kaspersky Antivirus from the start menu. Here is how to do this:
- Press the “Windows” and “R” keys to start the running program.
- Type “msconfig” without quotes and press the “Enter” key.
- 1. In the System Settings window, click on the “Start” tab.
- Uncheck all the boxes where the manufacturer is Kaspersky, click “Apply” and then “OK”.
- Select the “Restart” option.
Solution 8: uninstall Kaspersky Antivirus
One of the easiest ways to fix the avpui.exe application error problem is to uninstall Kaspersky Antivirus from your Windows PC. You can uninstall from Programs and Features. Here is how to do this:
- Go to Start> Control Panel> Programs and Features
- In the Programs and Features window, locate Kaspersky Antivirus and select it.
- Click uninstall to remove the Kaspersky Antivirus program.
ALSO READ: Kaspersky DDoS Protection Connect helps small and medium-sized businesses thwart cyber threats
Solution 9: Install Kaspersky Antivirus using administrator privileges
Another method of solving the avpui.exe application error problem is to use “administrator privileges” to install Kaspersky Antivirus. You can get the installer on the purchased software CD or download it from the Kaspersky Kaspersky website . Here are the steps to run the installer with administrator privileges:
- First, locate the Kaspersky Antivirus installation file
- Then right-click on the installation file
- Select Run as administrator and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Solution 10: Perform Startup Repair
Another way to fix the error problem is to perform an automatic repair on your PC. If you run Automatic Repair, the Windows operating system will be able to fix the error problem for you. Here’s how to perform an automatic repair:
- Restart the computer several times during the startup sequence.
- Click on the Advanced Options button once it appears.
- Now, select Troubleshoot> Advanced Options> Startup Repair
- After Startup Repair has started, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the repair.
In conclusion, any of these methods we have mentioned above can fix avpui.exe application error problem on Windows 10 PC. Please share with us any of your experiences after using any of the programs we mentioned. Feel free to comment below