The key component of Xbox is its online multiplayer experience that allows you to play your favorite games against other players. Although the online multiplayer mode is amazing, some users have reported The current profile is not allowed message that prevents them from accessing the online multiplayer mode on their console.
“Current profile is not allowed” Xbox error, how can I fix it?
Table of Contents:
- Solution 1 – Make sure you have an Xbox Live Gold account
If you want to enjoy online multiplayer, you must register an Xbox Live Gold account. Signing up for an Xbox Live Gold account is easy, and you can do it simply by visiting the Xbox website . After registering the Xbox Live account, the problem will be fixed and you will be able to enjoy multiplayer without any problem. Please note that you must sign out of your account and sign in again in order to use Xbox Live Gold after purchasing.
Solution 2 – Check if your Xbox Live Gold subscription is still active
Sometimes you may get The current profile is not allowed error if your Xbox Live Gold account has expired. To solve this problem, use any web browser to access your Xbox account and check the subscription section. If your subscription has expired, be sure to renew it to fix this issue.
If your Xbox Live Gold account has recently been renewed, you will have to wait 24 hours or more for Microsoft to process your transaction and renew your account. Some users also suggest conducting network tests after reactivating their Xbox Live Gold account.
Solution 3 – Delete and redownload your profile
Users reported that they fixed this error message simply by deleting their profile and downloading it again. To do this on Xbox 360, do the following:
- Go to Settings and select System .
- Navigate to Storage .
- If you don’t have external storage devices attached, select Hard Drive. If you have additional devices connected, select All devices .
- Select Profiles and choose the profile you want to delete.
- Select Delete.
- Select the Delete profile only option to delete your profile. This option will delete the profile and keep all saved games and achievements.
After removing the profile, you need to add it again by following these steps:
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Select the Download profile option . If you don’t see this option, it means you are logged in with a different profile, so be sure to log out.
- Select Download Profile .
- Enter your Microsoft account sign-in information.
- Select the storage location for your profile.
- After the profile is downloaded, check if the problem has been fixed.
To delete your Xbox One account, do so:
- On the Home screen, scroll left to open Contacts.
- Select Settings> All settings .
- In the Account section select Remove accounts and choose your account.
To add your account download again, follow these steps:
- Open Contacts and choose Sign in> Add & Manage .
- Select Add new and enter your login information.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Solution 4 – Clean up persistent storage
Persistent storage can sometimes cause certain errors on your Xbox like Current profile is not allowed error. To fix this problem, you must clear the persistent storage by following these steps:
- Open the Guide and select Settings .
- Select All Settings> Disc and Blu-ray .
- Select Blu-ray> Pesistant Storage and choose Clear Persistent Storage .
Solution 5 – Clear MAC address
Sometimes you can correct this error simply by erasing the MAC address. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Navigate to Settings .
- Select Network Settings> Advanced Settings> Alternative MAC Address .
- Select the Delete option .
- After clearing the MAC address, turn off your Xbox. Unplug the power cord and wait a few minutes.
- Plug in the power cord and turn your Xbox back on.
After doing this, check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 6 – Test the Xbox Live connection
According to users, you can fix this problem simply by testing your connection to Xbox Live. For this, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings> Network Settings .
- Select your network and choose the option Test your Xbox LIVE connection .
- After the process is complete, check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 7 – Clear the system cache
The next thing we are going to try is to clear the system cache. This is what you have to do:
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to Settings and select System Settings .
- Select Storage or Memory .
- Highlight any storage device then press Y on the controller (you can select any storage device as the system will clear the cache for all of them).
- Select Clear system cache .
- Confirm the action.
- Restart your console
Solution 8 – Console Power Cycle
If other solutions don’t work, you may want to perform a factory reset. This option will normally remove all files from the console and restore it to its original state. This means that you will delete all your accounts, saved games, settings and files. If you want to keep your files, we strongly recommend that you make a backup copy to a USB flash drive before starting the reset process. To factory reset your Xbox, do the following:
- Open the guide by scrolling left on the Home screen .
- Select Settings and go to All Settings .
- Select System> Console Information and Updates .
- Select Reset console .
- You should see two options available: Reset and keep my games and apps and Reset and delete everything . We suggest you use the first option, as this option will only reset the console and remove potentially corrupted data without deleting games and other large files. If that option doesn’t work and the problem persists, make sure to use the Reset and delete all option . This option will delete all downloaded games, saved games, accounts and applications, so if you want to keep some of your files, we suggest that you make a backup before using this option.