Today we will teach you how to easily configure Google public DNS in Windows 10 to improve the speed of your connection and browse much faster. Fortunately, setup is very easy and shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes.
Below we explain step by step on how to quickly configure Google DNS in Windows 10 to improve browsing speed.
- How to change DNS to Google’s
- How to configure Google public DNS in Windows 10
How to change DNS to Google’s
To change the DNS to Google’s you must follow these steps:
- Press the ” Windows key” or go to ” Start ” at the bottom left of the operating system.
- Click the gear icon on the left. A new ” Settings” window will open .
- Here we go to « Network and Internet».
- In this new page we have to click on ” Status“, which is in the left sidebar.
- Then, we go down until we see the option « Network and Sharing Center».
- In this new window we have to go to ” Change adapter settings” on the left side.
- A new window will open where we can see our connection. If it is a wireless connection, it will show a “ Wi-Fi ” icon , if it is a wired connection, it will show an “ Ethernet ” icon.
- Right-click on the current connection and then select « Properties».
- In « This connection uses the following elements:» you should look for « Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) » and click on it. Then you will see that the « Properties » button is activated and you can also click on it.
- Another window opens in which we have to select ” Use the following DNS server addresses” at the bottom.
- Once this is done, the fields below will be activated to enter the Google DNS addresses: 8.8.8 and 220.127.116.11.4 . You must enter the first address at the top and the second at the bottom .
- Then press « OK» in all the windows and wait a few seconds.
How to configure Google public DNS in Windows 10
Then we do the same, but with Internet Protocol 6 (TCP/IPv6) :
- Click on it and then on the ” Properties” button.
- A new window opens like the previous one and we have to check « Use the following DNS server addresses» again.
- Now we need to use these addresses: 2001:4860:4860::8888and 2001:4860:4860::8844 .
- After filling in the addresses, all windows are resumed and the settings are saved to the operating system. Even if you don’t have to restart it, you won’t lose anything by doing this. We recommend that you do so.
Your Internet speed should improve dramatically , as well as being able to browse much faster than before. Google’s DNS servers tend to respond faster than those of your Internet provider .
As you can see, learning how to configure Google public DNS in Windows 10 is quite simple . All you have to do is repeat the whole process and select automatic DNS detection .