The latest update for The Sims 4 brought a number of useful gameplay improvements and bug fixes, as well as issues of its own. Perhaps one of the most common and annoying problems is the alien costume bug .
More specifically, all aliens born in the game, or created through genetics in CAS will lose their alien appearance when players edit their characteristics. On the other hand, normal aliens do not seem to be affected by this issue.
The good news is that Pegasys, a resourceful player in The Sims 4, found a temporary solution to fix the alien costume problem.
How to fix the alien costume bug
- First, you have to make sure your alien Sim is in disguise. Sometimes the costume may look strange due to the error, even if the costume is not selected.
- Go to a mirror and select Change Sim. It is worth mentioning that the “Alter Disguise” and “Plan Outfits” options will not work.
- Now select the portrait below, the Alien form in CAS, not the costume.
- Change the characteristics of the alien as you like. If you try to edit the costume again, after saving it, it will be overwritten by the alien form. This means that you will have to start over.
- Save to CAS. The alien form you changed should now be the human disguise.
The bad news is that you can’t edit this later in CAS, but you will have a human costume until The Sims Studio fixes this bug. You can also try to repair the game with the Origin client or reload the save file. We can also suggest reinstalling, but that’s the last option and it’s not something you need to do before trying all the other steps.
If you have found other solutions to fix the alien costume problem, you can list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.