League of Legends is probably the most popular online multiplayer game today, with more than 100 million players a month. With immersive gameplay and vivid graphics, this MOBA has changed the way we experience PvP games.
However, there has never been complex software without technical problems. This is also the case with League of Legends. Most of the reported problems have a specific set of solutions and fixes. Some of them are very widespread, while others are not so widespread. However, there is a last resort for every glitch and it’s called a reinstall. We have prepared a guide for you with a step-by-step explanation of the reinstallation process.
- League of Legends reinstall
- Reinstall League of Legends using Hextech Repair Tool
- Reinstall League of Legends the old-fashioned way
League of Legends reinstall
1.Reinstall League of Legends using Hextech Repair Tool
League of Legends developer Riot Games released an interesting software fix to fix common game-related glitches. It is called Hextech Repair Tool and its main features are:
- Easy reinstallation or repatch
- Firewall management
- Restores the health of nearby turrets.
- Shows known issues in your region.
Hextech Repair Tool can perform a “clean” reinstallation of your client in a few easy steps. You can download it here .
2.Reinstall League of Legends the old-fashioned way
If you prefer to perform the reinstallation process yourself, you will need to uninstall the client first. In this way the process will be longer, but thorough. For this, follow these steps:
- Open Start .
- From here, open Control Panel .
- Click Programs and Features
- Choose League of Legends from the list.
- Select Uninstall / Remove .
- Follow the instructions until the process is finished.
- Navigate to the directory where League of Legends was installed (the C: drive by default).
- Delete the old installation files that you used to install the game.
- Restart the PC.
There have also been reports of registration problems affecting new installations. Our advice is to use some kind of registry cleaner and get rid of unnecessary LoL-related registry entries.
After finishing the entire uninstall process, the next step is to download and install the game client. You can do it by following these steps:
- Download the latest version of League of Legends, here .
- Run LeagueofLegends.exe to download updated versions of the installation files. The installation files will by default be placed in a new League of Legends folder on your desktop.
- After the installation is complete, the installation process will start automatically. If possible, i install League of Legends on the default C: \ drive . However, you can change it in a custom installation.
- When the installation process is complete, the game launcher will open automatically.
- If you need to open the game manually, double-click the League of Legends desktop shortcut, or run lol.launcher.exe in the directory where you installed League of Legends.
This was our guide to the reinstallation process. We hope that you have managed to reinstall the game and start from scratch. Please note that this is a game client, so none of your in-game stats are affected in any way.