The Microsoft Teams is a videoconference platform very similar to Zoom. This platform is being used more and more because it offers many more things than Zoom and therefore it is recommended that you also learn to use it.
Next, we will show you how to turn off the microphone and the camera from any device that is connected to Microsoft Teams, how to deactivate these two things with commands, and how to deactivate them from the meeting control.
- How to turn off the Teams camera and microphone from any device?
- On a mobile
- From your pc
- What are the keys that allow you to disable your camera and microphone in Teams?
- Ctrl + Shift + M
- Ctrl + Shift + O
- How to deactivate the camera and microphone of the participants if you are a meeting organizer?
How to turn off the Teams camera and microphone from any device?
When a video meeting is underway, it is very important to disable things like the microphone and the camera . By doing this, you will prevent other people who are connected to the meeting from seeing your gestures or even hearing any inappropriate comments from you.
Once you turn off the microphone or camera on the device connected to Microsoft Teams, you can say and do whatever you want in front of the camera, since other people will not see or hear you. However, you can connect to Microsoft Teams from a computer or from a cell phone. That is why we will show you shortly how to perform the microphone or video deactivation process on both devices.
On a mobile
From mobile phones things are easy most of the time, but sometimes the opposite is true. That’s the case when it comes to Microsoft Teams, but don’t worry and just follow these steps to disable the microphone or camera during a meeting:
- Open the Microsoft Teams application on your mobile, log into your account and connect to the meeting.
- Once connected to the meeting, look for the icon in the form of settings and then press it.
- When entering the nuts icon, view the respective options, locate the permission of the microphone or the camera and turn it off
This is how the Microsoft Teams microphone is muted during a meeting. Now we will show you the steps to deactivate the microphone or camera before the meeting starts:
- Before connecting to the video meeting, open the Microsoft Teams application on your mobile and look for the ‘Calendar’ section. Inside there, locate the section ‘Options for the meeting’.
- In ‘Options for the meeting’ just deactivate the microphone or the camera and then save all the changes made.
It should be noted that Microsoft Teams has a peculiar function that allows all users to hold two meetings at the same time .
From your pc
From computers, the process to deactivate the microphone or the camera in Microsoft Teams is much simpler and simpler than that of the Mobile. Now, follow all these steps:
- Turn on your computer, open Microsoft Teams from where you usually do, log into your account and connect to the meeting.
- During the video meeting, look for the ‘More options’ icon that Microsoft Teams has.
- Upon entering the ‘More options’ section you will clearly see the options to disable the microphone and the camera.
This is the process to use for when you have to disable the microphone and the camera during the Microsoft Teams meeting . Now, go through all the steps to disable both before the conference starts:
- Enter Microsoft Teams, log in, go to the ‘Calendar’ section.
- Right in that section look for another section called ‘Meeting Options’.
- Inside ‘Meeting options’ find where the Microphone or camera is deactivated and connect to the meeting.
By doing this, your changes will be saved forever . Sure, if you ever want to modify this kind of thing, you can do it without any worries. If you ever want to save a conference as a souvenir, you can record it using your mobile or if not your computer.
What are the keys that allow you to disable your camera and microphone in Teams?
It is possible that the whole process to deactivate the microphone or the camera within Microsoft Teams from a PC you see it very complicated. Sometimes it can even complicate our lives. If that is the case, this can be solved in only one way and that is by using the combination of some keys.
Ctrl + Shift + M
To disable your computer’s audio in the Microsoft Teams video meeting , you must press ‘CTRL’ + ‘SHIFT’ and the ‘M’ button. Pressing these three keys will cancel the audio from your microphone. When you want to activate the audio of your PC again, just repeat the same process.
Ctrl + Shift + O
To disable the video from your camera in a Microsoft Teams meeting press ‘CTRL’ + ‘SHIFT’ and the ‘O’ button. When you want to turn the video back on, run the same combination again. Whenever you have problems activating or deactivating your PC’s camera in Microsoft Teams, it is advisable to look for information on the official Microsoft website .
How to deactivate the camera and microphone of the participants if you are a meeting organizer?
During a Microsoft Teams video meeting hosted by you, there is the ability to disable the microphone and camera of other users. Follow the steps below to disable the microphone and camera if you are the meeting host.
- Create the meeting, wait for the other people to connect and press the ‘More options’ icon that appears on your screen
- When you enter ‘More options’ you will see a list of each of the people who are connected to the meeting. Next to its name you will see the icon of a microphone and one of a camera, you press it to deactivate it.
It is important that you know that the microphone and camera icon are green. If it paints a colorful green it is because it is active and if it paints a dull green it is because it is deactivated.