What helps a girl to be active, fun and attractive? Health, comfort and confidence. The female microflora plays an important role in this. How to find and fix intimate problems – read right now. Also, do not forget to watch the video and take the test at the end of the article for a chance to win gifts.
The composition of a healthy microflora of the vagina includes more than 300 types of bacteria, while its composition varies greatly even during one menstrual cycle. The flora is worst of all immediately after the end of menstruation. At the same time, more than 100 million bacteria are present in the vagina per gram of discharge, 95% of which are lactobacilli or Doderlein’s bacilli, but there are also candida, mycoplasma, ureaplasma and various cocci fungi.
We can talk about unhealthy flora if there is a lot of what should be a little. The result of such a failure may be candidiasis, or thrush (that is, an increase in the number of candida). Typical manifestations: “cheesy” discharge, itching and burning.
Flora imbalance has many reasons
- Climate change or a trip to the sea
- Swimming in the pool
- Improper diet – a large amount of light carbohydrates in the diet
- Violation of intestinal microflora
- Violation of intimate hygiene – frequent use of tampons, panty liners, wearing a thong
- The presence of another local infection
Proper intimate hygiene can help maintain a healthy microflora, and cosmetics such as Zalagel Intim with tea tree oil can be used to moisturize.
If symptoms have already appeared, then for adequate treatment it is necessary to see a doctor to understand the cause. If you work only with symptoms, then candidiasis can come back again and again.
It is worth noting that thrush is not an STD. It is impossible to get infected with her during sex, just like infecting a partner.
- We visit a gynecologist.
- We hand over tests: smear for sexually transmitted infections, performed by PCR; blood test for hepatitis B, C, HIV, syphilis; smear microscopy; bacterial sowing of flora, preferably with sensitivity to antibiotics and bacteriophages at once; analysis of Femoflor-16.
- While we are waiting for the results, we follow the doctor’s recommendations.
- We will correct the treatment tactics after the test results and examination.
- Consultation of an endocrinologist is often required, since thrush can be a manifestation of diabetes mellitus or insulin resistance.
- You may need to consult a gastroenterologist or nutritionist to correct the flora of the gastrointestinal tract.
If, upon examination and test results, vulvovaginal candidiasis is confirmed, the doctor may prescribe a suppository with sertaconazole (“Zalain”, vaginal suppositories). But it will be necessary to continue to be attentive to your health so as not to provoke the return of symptoms.
Limit lactose, glucose and fructose. Watch your diet and weight – fruit (mainly berries) should be consumed in the first half of the day after a protein-fat breakfast.
- Try to switch to dairy products made from goat, sheep, or buffalo milk, choosing not heavily fermented.
- Limit alcohol, it is better to exclude sparkling drinks altogether.
- Master the correct cleaning technique with the right makeup. My nothing inside! There is no need to wash out the already damaged flora.
- Reduce the use of tampons and panty liners.
- Give up thongs, wear only cotton underwear, or at least with a cotton gusset.
- Visit your gynecologist regularly – at least once a year.
- When changing sexual partners, use barrier contraception (condoms).
Even more useful and interesting information awaits you in our video interview. Look, take part in our test and get the opportunity to win a set of cosmetics and a certificate for 1,500 rubles.