If Crackle is not working on your Steaming device or when you access the service from your web browser, it may be a problem with your Internet connection.
That said, many users have reported similar problems with the Crackle service even when they have a stable internet connection with decent bandwidth.
In this article, we explore some of the common troubleshooting tips to help you resolve any issues with the Crackle service so that you can continue to watch your favorite shows without interruption.
- What to do if Crackle doesn’t work?
- Check your internet connection
- Perform a power cycle
- Update your web browser, streaming device, and Crackle app
What to do if Crackle doesn’t work?
1. Check your internet connection
- Crackle requires users to have a stable internet connection to stream content without buffering / freezing issues.
- Crackle recommends having a minimum download speed of 9.0 Mbps for streaming HD content.
- Launch any internet speed test utility on your computer or smartphone and check if your internet service provider is offering the promised speed.
- You can also open other streaming services like YouTube or Netflix and test streaming content from the platform to make sure the internet connection is working fine.
- Make sure your device is within range of your wireless base station and free from obstructions that may cause internet interference.
2. Perform a power cycle
- Turn off your streaming device, such as the computer or television that you are using to watch Crackle.
- Unplug the cord from the outlet.
- Turn off your cable modem and routers.
- Leave the devices idle for a few minutes.
- Reconnect all devices to the power source and turn them on.
- Connect your device to your WiFi network and check if Crackle works smoothly.
Disable ad blockers
- Crackle is an additional supported platform, so make sure you don’t have an ad blocker enabled when using the Crackle app.
- If you have any ad blocker enabled, temporarily disable it to see if that solves the problem.
- If the problem persists, try to completely uninstall the ad blocker and check for improvements.
3. Update your web browser, streaming device, and Crackle app
Update web browsers on PC
Crackle is available on multiple platforms, including Android and iOS. You can download and view the services offered by the application on your smart devices. You can also use it through your computer’s web browser or Smart TV.