If by chance you have heard about the Google Cloud Storage platform but are not sure how you can use it, then we invite you to continue reading. Later we will talk to you in great detail about what Google Cloud Storage is and what it is for .
What is Google Cloud Storage?
Google Cloud Storage or Google Cloud Storage is an online document and file storage service that allows us to save files and access them on the Google Cloud Platform.
This service is based on the excellent performance and advanced security measures that the Google cloud has to offer users the best possible experience. In fact, it is currently compared to the storage service that Amazon offers, but it clearly has many differences.
On the other hand, this platform differs from Google Drive and its functions , since it is not suitable for ordinary users but its creation was oriented for the use of companies.
What features does Google Cloud Storage have?
On the one hand, this new Google platform allows us to configure all the data with the management of the life cycle of the objects, so that they automatically make the transition to cheaper storage classes at the moment they meet the requirements that you specify.
For example, when they hit an exact run time or when you save a more up-to-date version of the data. It also gives us the option to pass or transfer files and data very easily and in a short time. In fact, online storage transfer solutions offer the user the ability to manage large-scale data transfer.
Both the storage transfer service and the transfer service for local data have two optimal performance pathways to the Cloud Storage platform . In addition, both have the speed and scalability necessary to make the data transfer process very simple.
Types of storage classes
Thanks to the Cloud Store storage classes we can reduce costs without having to sacrifice performance . It is recommended that you start with a class that is ideal for current use and then later you can reconfigure it to continue reducing costs.
- Standard Storage: this class is perfect for active data that you usually access in your daily routine, such as web pages, mobile applications or videos.
- Nearline Storage: this low-cost class is used for data that can be stored for a period of at least 30 days. In this case, we refer to backup copies of data and multimedia content .
- Coldline Storage: in this part we have a very low cost plan which is ideal for groups of data that can be kept for at least 90 days . As an example we have disaster recovery.
- Archive Storage: Finally, this class is the one with the lowest cost and which works very well for data that can be stored for one year, such as regulatory archives.
Google Cloud Store pricing
In this platform we find four specific classes of storage , which although it is true that they have similarities in terms of performance and latency, they are different from each other.
Later in this section we will talk about the plans and specifications of each one. However, we invite you to visit the official Google Storage page so that you can find out all the details of this platform.
- Data storage: this category is used for the standard storage of a region and offers us an average amount of 50 GB of data stored in the warehouse during the month.
- Network use: in this category you can get 1 GB of data that is read or transferred between deposits.
- Use of operations: here we have 10,000 actions carried out on the platform , such as listing the objects that are stored in the respective deposits.
- Early Deletion and Recovery Fees: In the latter, they apply to data that is stored in the Nearline Storage, Coldline Storage, and Archive Storage classes.