If you’ve heard of a Google app that can be used to print files wirelessly but you don’t know how it works, then you’ve come to the right place. Later we will tell you what Google Cloud Print is and how it works .
What is Google Cloud Print?
In short, it is a tool created by Google to print documents from an Android mobile , tablets, chromebook or from a PC. In addition, with Google Cloud Print we can send print copies to our office or home completely wirelessly.
To do this, you only have to connect with Google Cloud Print, send the order to print a document from the cloud and after a few minutes you will have the printed document.
How to use Google Cloud Print
From the computer
First of all you must have a printer that can connect to WiFi, otherwise you will not be able to enjoy the advantages offered by this Google tool . So, if you have a printer with WiFi access, proceed to connect it to the same network as your computer.
On the other hand, you must also be sure that your printer is compatible with the Google Cloud Print service . Next we will show you the brands that are compatible with this app:
- Fuji Xerox
- Kodak Verite
- Konica minolta
- e-STUDIO5518A v2
In case the brand of your printer appears in the previous list, but it cannot connect with the Google Cloud Print service, then we recommend that you enter its official page so that you can search in more detail for the model of your printer.
Now, if you found your printer model in the list but it is not accompanied by “v2” then you have to follow the following steps to configure and add a printer with Google Cloud Print .
- You simply have to enter the page of printers that are compatible and in the part where the models of your printer brand are, select the option that says “Product Website”.
- Once there, you will see a few steps from the manufacturer of the brand so that you can connect your printer with Google Cloud Print.
On the contrary, if the model of your printer is shown in the list next to the code “v2” then you should do the following:
- First of all, open the Google Chrome browser from your computer and type in the search bar: chrome: // devices
- Now, in the part of ‘New devices’ you have to find your printer which must be connected to the same wireless network as the computer.
- Then, click on the ‘Manage’ option next to the name of your printer.
- Next, in the part of ‘Confirm registration’ you have to click on the option ‘Register’.
- To continue, go to your printer and follow the steps to finish registering it. Click on ‘Register’.
- Finally, go to Google Cloud Print and click on ‘Printers’ to see if your printer has connected successfully.
Steps to install Google Cloud Print on Android
Below we will show you the steps you must carry out to install Google Cloud Print on your Android cell phone . In this way you can print documents from your Android mobile quickly and easily.
First of all, we recommend updating the Play Store to its latest version so that you can download this application without any inconvenience.
This app is available on the Google Play Store for free, so you can download it without any problems. In addition, it does not come with any type of advertising within the app itself, which is a relief, since few are interested in seeing that type of content while using the application to work.
So, once you have downloaded the app on your mobile, you must open the file you want to print and then select the three-point menu.
Later you have to search and select the option ‘Print’ that right next to it has the icon of a printer. In the case that you are doing it from Chrome, then click on the ‘Share’ option that is in the menu and then press ‘Print’.