Do you constantly work with the Microsoft Word application? Then you should consider learning How to protect a Word document from being modified or copied . Without a doubt, this is highly recommended for anyone who constantly uses the application, we will teach you this process below.
Like many other applications, Microsoft Word allows the protection of content made in the software. In this way, you can prevent your content from being stolen or modified without your consent.
Note that it is also possible to protect sheets from an Excel Workbook , if you use that application. Even so today we will focus on Word, to learn more about it read the following information.
What is document protection in Microsoft Word?
Microsoft Word is one of the flagship applications of the Microsoft company, it is a useful editor and word processor for writing works . You also have all the necessary tools to work with it and you can even use it to do projects at the academic level.
In any case, the digital age has its mishaps, and one of them is the copies that can be made by unscrupulous people. It is for this reason that document protection is recommended within the Microsoft Word platform.
Fortunately, just like passwords can be set in Windows , similar actions are present in Word. Given this, the protection of documents in Word is undoubtedly something that should be applied in those documents that other people will send. This measure is especially useful, since it prohibits editing by people who are not authenticated or who do not have access to a password that you can provide through the application.
Protecting your documents within the Word program is a fairly simple process, in any case if you have doubts in relation to it, do not worry, because through the following tutorial we will teach you which is the best method to definitely block the edits or copying from your files.
How to protect a Word document from being modified or copied
Certainly protecting our files is something quite important, especially if you send it to unknown people or who you do not trust. By doing this, you can undoubtedly protect yourself from individuals who want to steal such content.
In the same way it could be quite useful for other circumstances. One way is to put the read-only mode in a Word document , but there is also the method that we present below. Without further ado, read the following guide in which we will teach you what is the procedure to protect your documents in Word.
Start protecting the document
- In the case of the latest versions of Microsoft Word, the process to protect documents is very simple, the first thing to do is go to the “File” section.
- Among the various options that appear on the screen, you should find “Protect Document” .
- By clicking on the option mentioned above, various alternatives that we can apply to our document will appear. We recommend selecting the option “Restrict editing”
- When carrying out the above process, multiple options related to editing the document that we have previously opened will be displayed on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the option “Allow only this type of editing in the document”. You must click on the lower part where it says “Yes, apply the protection.”
- When you do this, two options will be displayed on the screen, one of them is “Password” in which it will be necessary to provide a password that will be requested in case you want to modify the document.
- On the other hand, we have “User Authentication” through which only users who started editing the document will be able to access the modification options.
Perform the above procedure so that your document becomes read-only, which means that it cannot be modified and that the content in it cannot be copied. Without a doubt, it is one of the best ways to protect the integrity of the documents you make within the Microsoft Word application.
If you have trouble performing the above process, you may consider this tutorial on setting a password to a Word Document in which we cover a topic similar to this.