Alexa is known as a virtual assistant, which is controlled easily by voice through a long list of commands and which has been created by the Amazon company .
Its launch in 2014, had a positive impact on the followers of the brand, since its operation is based very simply on a pair of smart speakers , which could receive some orders to help you in multiple aspects.
In general, the operation is not very far from any other assistant, such as with Google Assistant, Siri and even Cortana . In order to use it, you only have to invoke it by mentioning its name, so that the device is activated and thus begins to interpret the orders that are sent to it.
However, this is a tool that very few people know about due to its operation , which, erroneously, is believed to be complicated, which we will deny in this post.
Here we will leave you a list in which we will help you to know all those questions and queries that can be made to Alexa, which will help you in your daily life.
Configure calls or messages to other users
What many users do not know is that among the great benefits that the platform offers you, there are calls or messages that can be sent to users, and all this using simple and fast commands.
All this is possible, if at the beginning of its installation and configurations, you allow the Alexa system to access your contact book , so that it can be checked and with that, you can start using it.
If you still have questions about how to use the Alexa system for this specific task, here is a small list that will make everything much faster and more efficient:
- If you want to make a call you must say ” Alexa calls XXXX “, for this, you must replace the XXXX with what would be the name of the contact you want to connect with, likewise, if this person has Amazon Echo, their system will notify them through the speakers that you are the one who calls. If you want to send a message to a specific contact, you just have to do the same, replacing “ call ” with “ message ”.
- Likewise, with the Alexa system, there is no type of error that is valid, since if you get to pronounce the name wrong or make a mistake in any way, Alexa itself will ask you « Do you mean XXX? »It only remains that you answer affirmatively or negatively, for the action to be confirmed.
Adding calendars, some useful alarms and reminders
Alexa is also a special system, which helps you manage time and appointments that you have pending in the day. For this, you can also place some alarms, reminders and also timers, which will be useful anywhere, it even allows you to find your phone in case you have lost it .
Other of the most popular questions and with which you can manage your time in a much more positive way, are the following:
- Alexa, wake me up at 7 am
- Turn off-cancel all my alarms for the day
- Alexa, set Queen’s “We Will Rock You” as an alarm clock at 8am
- Remind me of the alarms I have
- what time is it?
- What are the dates of the holidays this year?
- Add dinner with Paco to my calendar. May 3 at 2 pm
- How to make purchases thanks to Amazon
If, in addition to having one of these devices, you are also a member of the Amazon Prime program , your Echo device may help you with the shopping list for your home. For this, you only have to add those things you need, and in this way Alexa will show you all those options that are within Amazon.