In League of Legends, chroma skins were introduced in 2015. These are special versions of existing skins, but they are released in different colors. There is also a special sale for chromas, the wonderland of the essence.
What exactly are chroma skins? Chromas are a different color variant of a specific champion or skin. However, to be able to use the chromas, you must have activated the respective champion and skin.
The main goal of chromas is for players to be able to further customize their characters. For example, if it’s not enough to give Champion Caitlyn a pool party look, you can also color this look yellow, blue, or pink.
How much do chromas cost? Chromas cost 290 Riot Points each or can be purchased during Essence Wonderland for 2,000 EA or 195 Riot Points (as early bird offers). There are also packages in which the skins can be obtained more cheaply.
What changes with chroma skins? Above all, the pure color of the used equipment. Typically, Ability or Attack Particle effects are not affected by Chromas.
The color variations of the Champion Zac can be seen particularly well:
Zac is actually green (left). However, change its color with the appropriate chroma skins.
What types of chroma skin are there? There are chromas in various colors, but also in types:
- Some chroma skins are permanently available, others only if the skin is also available
- Some are only available in a package
- Others can only be obtained through Hextech crafting.
- Some chroma skins are part of the LoL partner program
However, not all skins have a chroma and the chromas are not identical for all skins.
The easiest way to get an overview of all the chroma skins is through the store in the LoL client. There are more than 2000 chromas available to you.
More about LoL on DLPrivateServer:
- LoL introduces new champion Gwen, reminds players of “old Irelia”
- LoL: these are the best elements of season 11 for each position
- LoL: “I hope you have cancer!” – A World Cup finalist turns out to be a tough Flamer
Chromas and Essence Wonderland
What is the Essence Wonderland? The Essence Wonderland takes place twice a year, once in the middle of the season (April or May) and once in the preseason (November or December). This is particularly interesting for Chroma fans because skins can be purchased there for Blue Essences (BE) in-game currency:
- During the middle of the season there are chromas, which came into play from July to December.
- During the preseason there are stickers that were released from January to July.
So, if you want to color your favorite champion or his skin properly, you should keep an eye out for this event.
For those who want to watch LoL in videos, we’ve rounded up the biggest YouTubers in the game: