- Time to take immediate action when Aventail VPN connection cannot be found.
- Checking Aventail antivirus and remote access settings are recommended solutions.
- Take a look at more tips from our VPN Errors and Solutions webpage. It will easily fix any issues you may be experiencing.
- Please also bookmark our VPN Guides Hub and feel free to contact us whenever you need help.
Many Aventail VPN users have encountered the error message Aventail VPN is not connecting . This problem seems to occur regardless of how the VPN service was used and on different Windows operating systems.
This problem can be extremely annoying, since the purpose of using a VPN service in the first place is to have no browsing limits.
If your Aventail VPN service does not connect to any servers, people have the right to try to change their service.
Although changing the VPN you use will always be an option, in this article we will explore some of the best troubleshooting methods.
The methods presented here are not a complete solution, but they did help other users in their situation.
For this reason, try these methods in the order they are presented to avoid causing further complications.
- What can I do if the Aventail VPN connection cannot be found?
- Make sure your antivirus and VPN service do not interfere
- Try private internet access
- Private internet access
- Configure Aventail VPN remote access settings
- Automatically detect Internet proxy server settings
- Frequently asked questions: learn more about VPN connection problems
What can I do if the Aventail VPN connection cannot be found?
1. Make sure your antivirus and VPN service do not interfere
- Open antivirus software> open Firewall settings .
- Check the list of applications allowed through the antivirus firewall.
- Make sure Aventail VPN has allowed connections for local and public servers.
- Save the configuration.
- Restart your PC and try connecting to the Aventail VPN server again.
2. Try private internet access
It’s time to reconsider your options when you’re tired of having the same failed connection errors. Private Internet Access is a VPN solution founded in the United States in 2010.
A privacy leader like Kape Technologies probably sounds like music for his years, so it’s your chance to legally hide all of your risk-free activity on every website and enjoy a seamless overall experience.
Its dedicated apps for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS, and Android are intuitive even for newbies. Inside the app, let us tell you up front that you will find several configuration options.
You can enable DNS leak protection, change the encryption level, or enjoy that internet kill switch that will prevent traffic from leaking even when the VPN is disconnected.
Private internet access
Private Internet Access is a great alternative to Aventail VPN. Now available at a significant discount!
$ 2.85 / month Buy it now
3. Configure Aventail VPN remote access settings
- Right click on the Aventail Connect icon within your taskbar -> select Enable remote network.
- Inside the remote network access window -> click on the remote network box.
- Type or select the appropriate remote network access you want to use.
- Click OK.
- Check if you can connect to the server.
4. Automatically detect Internet proxy server settings
Note: Before trying this method, it is very important that you disable remote network access. You can do it by following the second method presented in this article.
- Right click on the Aventail Connect icon within your taskbar -> select Options.
- Inside the options window -> select the Internet Proxy tab.
- Click Detect.
- If automatic discovery completes, the software will automatically assign values to the Server, Port, Version, and Internet Proxy fields .
- Check if this fixes your connection problems.
In this guide, we explore some of the best troubleshooting methods to fix connection issues on Aventail VPN.
Feel free to let us know if this guide helped you solve your problem, using the comment section below.
Frequently asked questions: learn more about VPN connection problems
- How do I fix my VPN connection problem?
The first thing to do is make sure that your antivirus service and the VPN itself do not interfere when you experience VPN connection problems.
See the steps above for more solutions.
- Why is the Internet not working when the VPN is connected?
If the Internet is not working when the VPN is connected, it is likely that you are experiencing a DNS configuration problem.
- Do VPNs work without the internet?
No VPN can work without the Internet. This is mandatory to establish a VPN connection.
Editor’s Note : This post was originally published in July 2019 and has since been renewed and updated in May 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and completeness.